Monday Café, March 18th.

Bike
VStrom 650
I know, no Canuckian's sneaking in first. Pffffffftttttt. You can't rely on them. The French Roast and Apfel and Rhubarb Strudel is ready. It's the last of 23's fruit. Enjoy.
It's March'ish, that can't be bad.
Got a few some'ats on the go and Er'Indoors is making noises about a trip south before things get busy here. It might just make sense. Might? Pffffffftttttt.
It'll take more procrastination and coffee to sort that conundrum out, I'll have another mug or seven.
Av a gud un and remember, don't count your chickens.
Upt.

Morning all and thanks for the coffee Ray.

I could have started coffee, but I wanted you to feel the love.

Currently 0C here and the car skated to work this morning. It was fun. Headed to 6C later on with a sun & cloud mix.

There's a lot piled up after being away for 10 days. Best start to un burying myself.

Have a great Monday all!

Thx for coffee and german treats Ray!

Had an early doctors appointment.
Exchanged funny stories, I gave him money, he gave me prescriptions.
» Are ye opening a pharmacy?», she asked at home.
»No dear, I’m just delaying my trip to the undertaker..».

I have to go for a walk now.

2˚c/36f, 30mph wind, sleet, not very rock’n roll.

Have a better one!
Stu

From the archives….Iron horse in sunset at my daughters cabin…..
IMG_0847.jpeg

Good Morning All!
*gulp* Ah! A fine shot of the caffitation - thank you Sir Ray.
A lovely, noisy dinner at our friend's house yesterday! The whole neighborhood turns out including stragglers like us.
Lamb stew, Corned beef and cabbage and of course Irish soda bread.
*yum*

I missed the remaining jokes in yesterday's thread, but I'm sew happy @ibike2havefun Keith is sharing the build with us needlers!
Ah, never mind - that was yesterday's and it had me in stitches!

I think I'll give my back a rest today - too much for it the last couple of weeks and it hurts!
I managed to wedge the soft start in the heat pump yesterday without sparking anything.
I expect to save billions of dollars on electrical bills.
Today I'll spend some time straightening up the barn with Mr. Tractor so he doesn't get lonely.

Oh happy daze! Y'all have a wonderfill day!

1710760241698.png

Good morning, and thanks for the coffee, Ray.

It's cloudy and 38, rising to 46 and becoming partly cloudy, later.

Brenda's off to work in a bit, ending our vacation, while I'll return to the gym and move on to other stuff.
I got out for a walk, yesterday, and we'll see if another is in the works.
I was checking out batteries for the VFR over the weekend, and I'll probably follow up on that, as well.

Enjoy the day,
Steve

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the French roast and strudel Ray. Makes a good start to the day.

It's 40°F under clouds tinted bright pink and flaming orange by the rising sun, and feeling quite brisk thanks to a bit of breeze. The coffee's a nice counterbalance. We expect a high around 49 and mostly sunny conditions.

The last of the in-laws will depart today, probably around lunchtime, leaving us a few days to recuperate before my brother in law (widowed husband of my departed sister) arrives at the end of the week. In that quiet period I hope to get the doors of the sewing center built and installed. We'll see.

I'm also contemplating filling in the mortises for the hinges on the main top extension and having another go at it, because I'm not altogether happy with the present result. There are some additional tool accessories on the way that may help to improve the outcome. Again, we'll see.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Last edited:
Good morning, all. Thanks for the coffee, Ray, but is Rhubarb a fruit?

It’s back to winter. 34, going to 50, with a hard freeze in the low 20’s tonight. I may spread some mulch today, since I have 12 bags in the truck.

John

Good morning all, and thanks for the coffee and strudel, Ray. Bad for the waistline, but a delight on the tongue.

It's a mite chillier today than it was yesterday, and there's some unsettled weather going on. 0°C/32°F with a feels-like of -6°C/21°F and snow flurries this morning, 4°C/39°F with a windchill of -1°C/30°F for a high, and mixed rain/snow this afternoon/evening.

I shall be wending my may up to the top of Mount Royal for the last time as one of its stewards, where I shall turn in my work computer and then grab a spot of lunch with my former Communications colleagues (the ones I like and appreciate, not the one I don't). And then, I shall be free of one of the worst jobs I've ever had (no insult to Mount Royal itself, the mountain is a truly wonderful place) and ready to begin my new journey in my new home and job. Onward and upward.

Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely.

Patty

Thanks for the coffee Ray,... wait, let me be sure,... yeah, it's Ray today. I have me doubting myself. I like rhubarb, too, and it's been a while, so if I may... thank you. Good.

Winter is reluctant to let go and move out, so we'll have a hard freeze tonight like John. This is normal, but in all likelihood should be our last hurrah for the unpleasant lack of heat. Then again, I have lots of firewood that needs to be burned up, so that's a possibility for tonight. Back to the 70s later in the week, and I haven't forgotten we had an April snow not that long ago, which stifled my town with about 10 inches of white precipitation laying around.

I spent an hour yesterday, angrily looking for my John Deere keys to spin the blades over the tops of my weed patch. After searching, and analyzing all the keys on my garage, I put them all in a small box and went through them again. I know where I left them... and I only needed ONE to start the mower.

Keys to old cars we no longer have (why?!), to locks I lost long ago (why? because maybe I'll find the lock they go to), and finally realized I had picked them up several times -- but I didn't remember those keys looking like they do. They do not have "John Deere" stamped on them, for some reason.

Guess I should be glad my chainsaw doesn't need keys. But I got the weeds cut, at last.

Are we sure it's Monday today? Dang.

The lost key exercise reminds me of the talks we've seen on downsizing, and digging through all the unused things and boxes in my garage also drove the point home. (As well as labeling
my keys, hey! there's an idea!)

The concept of minimalism has been around, in one form or another, for a long time, albeit under various names — frugality, thriftiness, a spartan lifestyle — and to different extremes. As far back as 450 BCE, Socrates was extolling the simple life, saying, “The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”

DiNiro voice: "You talkin' to ME?!"

I think Bob drives for Uber these days...

Good morning all, and thanks for the coffee and strudel, Ray. Bad for the waistline, but a delight on the tongue.

It's a mite chillier today than it was yesterday, and there's some unsettled weather going on. 0°C/32°F with a feels-like of -6°C/21°F and snow flurries this morning, 4°C/39°F with a windchill of -1°C/30°F for a high, and mixed rain/snow this afternoon/evening.

I shall be wending my may up to the top of Mount Royal for the last time as one of its stewards, where I shall turn in my work computer and then grab a spot of lunch with my former Communications colleagues (the ones I like and appreciate, not the one I don't). And then, I shall be free of one of the worst jobs I've ever had (no insult to Mount Royal itself, the mountain is a truly wonderful place) and ready to begin my new journey in my new home and job. Onward and upward.

Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely.

Patty
Go get em girl.

I haven't got a blummin clue.....now shut up and eat it! Pffffffftttttt.
Good morning, all. Thanks for the coffee, Ray, but is Rhubarb a fruit?

It’s back to winter. 34, going to 50, with a hard freeze in the low 20’s tonight. I may spread some mulch today, since I have 12 bags in the truck.

John

I feel it, :run1: , I feel it.
Steady on fella @Obo .
Just lettin y'all know this is how it's gone so far.
Took crap to tip. Tick.
Put the Dragon on flat ground to check oil for trip. "Your Bluelink requires update, grrrr, pffffffftttttt, tick.
Cut the front grass and fed it, tick.
Had some plonker from Domestic and General tryin to sell me stuff. He was well and truly ticked. Tick.
Rolled around with the neighbours new dog. She didn't half slobber. Pffffffftttttt, tick.
Had lunch, tick.
Almost napped. Tick.
The battle continues, I might take up wood working. Tick.
Upt and ticked. Off.

good morning all. thank you Ray for the FR. 41F on the dog walk with clouds off to the north and stars every where else. have the gym this morning. will have to wait till the boss of this outfit gets up to find out what the rest of the day will be. the high should see 73F. enjoy the day

stay safe

Morning all! 7C here right now with a high of 13C and sun to come. We have had some extraordinary weather lately, it has been fantastic.

Took the dogs to the off leash along the ocean yesterday with my brother. Walked the whole way and my knee is letting me know that was perhaps biting off more than I should have. Today will be spent stretching, icing and staying off it in general. Overall though it continues to improve and get better daily, which I guess was the point......right?

The dogs are agitating and circling for breakfast and casting side glances at my well marbled midsection so I best get them fed before things get ugly. Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning everyone from Canuck land . Weather is 1C and seems a lot colder ,we might be paying for the balmy weather that we have had already this year . Supposed to be cold for the next couple weeks and then probably rain to help green up everything .All good today in the gulch as it is time to work on an old car and get it ready for paint ,been a 5 year project so far and now paint product is through the roof here . Take care and enjoy your day eh !

(As well as labeling
my keys, hey! there's an idea!)
Everything has a key now, so there are way to many to keep track of and remember, especially the rarely used keys/locks. To keep track of keys I letter/number stamp them and enter what they are for on an Excel sheet. Whenever I come across a rarely used key that I don't remember, or am looking for a key to match to something that I rarely use, the Excel legend sorts it out quickly.

Morning Ray & All from a sunny, Southern Utah!

Currently it is 36F, and heading for 60F! :thumb: No breeze yet, but later we expect to see some winds out of the E @ 10 to 12mph.

The snow/rain/hail/thunder all left us yesterday evening!

It's off to Costco this morning. Oh joy! But we need to survive somehow.

Hot cereal, Toast & OJ to wash it down with. Pepsi to come later.

Anyone :bl13:, have a great day on the roads! :hat3:

Yawn.....

Thanks Ray. Mmmm rhubarb........ Hope there is lots of sugar in there.
Sunny and bright again today, forecast says 74 today. Winter has left the building......
Might need to think of some errands that need to be done on two wheels.

Yahoo @Peppermint , try not to have a poop eating grin on your face when you drop off their equipment..... :rofl1::run1:

Sunny for the next four days...what to do...what to do......

Go have a monsaturday kinda day everyone.
T

Back
Top Bottom