Motorola HS830

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I just bought 2 Vega Summit Modular helmets and added the Motorola Bluetooth HS830 headset system. I'm very impressed. Since the headsets have a A and B switch position, I put mine on A and my wifes on B. They connect up quickly and the sound is crystal clear when riding @ 50mph. I havn't gone on any long trips yet, and this test was just down the highway a couple of miles. I'm pleasently suprised so far!
Only issues were, I had to glue in the huge speaker, and the exterior housing is just plastic. The 3m adhesive sure holds the headset housing firmly to the helmet. Mic is plenty long enough to tuck up under the chin section.
Since the system is bluetooth, I can't wait to get a new bluetooth phone with mp3 player capabilities. Then we'll see how this sytem really works.
I got the headsets on ebay from (not sure) skymaster ($75.) list price around $179.00 at other places, and there service was very good and quick.
Only issue I'm really concerned about.... I've heard that Motorola has discontinued this headset.

OP
OP
LarryKathy
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
CongSoft

You're right on with your description. They are also a bit of a pain to connect up, since you can't see the pendant unless you remove your helmet.
You got to admit though, sound quality is good, whatever that's worth.
I'll use them until I can afford something better.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
CongSoft

You're right on with your description. They are also a bit of a pain to connect up, since you can't see the pendant unless you remove your helmet.
You got to admit though, sound quality is good, whatever that's worth.
I'll use them until I can afford something better.
I had a set I used with my wife on the bike. They lasted a whole 10 mile trip till I got pissed and ripped them off! If we were going over 40 mph we could not hear each other unless I put the shield all the way up. Even then my wife said she could not hear me but I could hear her. Still have the POS laying on the workbench collecting dust.

Landon

OP
OP
LarryKathy
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Well, call me crazy. Wife & I used our Motorola headsets this last weekend 666STOC and found that they will last about 4 hours. So, she's says, why not get a couple more pendants and take them with us. Hum, I'm thinking several hundred dollars later, is that smart? Well, I found the pendants on Amazon for $27.00 each and they come with the car charger also.
So, the headsets do have issues but the prices have dropped making them viable?, if you've still got a set.......... :cool:

Top Bottom