Mounting a GPS on a ST1100....

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Hopefully no one is actually using the 27xx in the original post... that was / IS a definite brick, nearly identical in size, shape and weight.
Many of the dash shelves (both for the 11s as well as the 13s) are sadly out of production today, although can still be (rarely) found used.
Today's GPSs have fortunately been reduced in size and heft; the 27-series would be HUGE on a master cylinder mount or anywhere on the handlebars, unless centered.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I use an automotive Garmin 2460LMT mounted to the lower center of the windshield on an extra-length aftermarket suction-cup ball mount, within my line-of-site.

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
I've been thinking about this bar extender, but will have to get out the tape measure and mock it up to see if it blocks gauges etc. Alternatively with some extra fab it might fit on the dash as well. Then some ram ball mounts would work I think.

handlebar extender.jpg

I've been thinking about this bar extender, but will have to get out the tape measure and mock it up to see if it blocks gauges etc. Alternatively with some extra fab it might fit on the dash as well. Then some ram ball mounts would work I think.

handlebar extender.jpg
Hmmm, that looks like an idea:thumb:

Top Bottom