Mounting spoiler on Hondaline topcase

V4 Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300A4P
Interesting.

My genuine Honda one has 5 mounting bolts, all the same size . BUT the fitment is different but identical to the pics in the link provided by Byron. The two pairs of outer bolts are aligned and on different faces of the spoiler/ top box interface.
Have you checked for holes in the other part ?

Attachments

Reactions: Obo

V4 Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300A4P
Holy Moly that's a great price on the spoiler. That's almost enough to make me start hunting for a topbox. May I ask what shipping cost and was there any Customs duty?
Yes it most certainly is - the Honda UK price for one colour matched to the bike was £300

V4 Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300A4P
Been looking more closely at pic and you can actually see the marks on the moulding where the 4th and 5th bolts should go directly above the two green holes in the pic. Also suspect the centre hole is actually the moulding mark to the left of the red marked hole.

OP
OP
Greig
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
Thanks for everyone's input and support. I discovered that when I sent the spoiler to be painted, they covered the holes so the paint wouldn't gum up the threads for the bolts. However they left the planchets covering three of holes - which were now covered in the same paint as the rest of the spoiler so were hidden quite well. I managed to get them off, drill the holes per the detents on the lid and BINGO!

OP
OP
Greig
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
Holy Moly that's a great price on the spoiler. That's almost enough to make me start hunting for a topbox. May I ask what shipping cost and was there any Customs duty?
The spoiler was $49 euros + $44 euros shipping = $93 euros ($143 CAD). They shipped it immediately and I had it within a few days. Don't recall paying duty but if I did it wouldn't have been much.

Top Bottom