MT: Tag

I used to live here in Montana...

ff80d5d15761ef59aa297b0d224aeada.jpg

(not here... Bozeman and Norris)

Lived here 3 years and never made it here till 20 years later. It was awesome.

0aa663c96e0008c927b1062201815874.jpg

Oh yeah.. BTW. Tag moved....

Road to Fishtail has new pavement.... I guess I can still go.... dammit!

Not so old OLD TAG I will post the new tag as soon as I figure out how to get the file off my other camera on to this stupid android tablet
IMG_20150712_231248.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not going any further east.
you didn't get Wyoming?
I have a photo of Lolo Pass but can't upload it so this will be the
NEW TAG. see my post this date in the Montana A to Z for a hint.
IMG_20150713_195653.jpg
this was my first choice for the new tag so I'm going to post it as an
alternate NEW TAG
IMG_20150719_193602_1.jpg

Last edited:
I did get Wyoming. that natural bridge was cool...and the road to get to it was fun!

I'm not going any further east.
you didn't get Wyoming?
I have a photo of Lolo Pass but can't upload it so this will be the
NEW TAG. see my post this date in the Montana A to Z for a hint.
IMG_20150713_195653.jpg
this was my first choice for the new tag so I'm going to post it as an
alternate NEW TAG
IMG_20150719_193602_1.jpg

The Lolo pass visitor center is actually in Idaho... so, I'll grab the first one if I can figure out where it is! ;)

Edit: need a hint

Last edited:
sorry, haven't checked in much lately. And I hate it when riders leave a new tag that's too hard to find. Anyway, the clue is in the Montana AtoZ thread - not too hard to figure our where I was on or about July 13 of last year. Sure wish I was back there this year.

Smash, Dan/DAS doesn't come online much, and many of his tags have been obscure (as if hiding them is the purpose of the game). Puts a damper on the game of tag. :(

Sleuthing around .... I found Dan was in Browning MT on July 13 2015 when he added "B" to the MT A to Z thread. Then with some google-fu, it appears that bucking bull sculpture is fiberglass and has been at BOTH the Scriver Museum of Montana Wildlife in Browning AND at the Babb Elementary School ~30 mi NW of Browning (in Babbs). ... a bit more tedium, and I finally found that sculpture in Google Maps sitting at the Blackfeet Heritage Center & Art Gallery in Browning. The alternate is Lolo Pass Visitor Center, at the MT-ID border.

I will grab that alternate/original: Lolo Pass Visitor Center

LoLoPass.jpg

And.... I have to say it was a very cool visitor center. I could easily spend a few hours there.

New: "Workd Famous" (just ask them) 50,000 Silver Dollar (tourist trap - but they have $50k in Lincoln silver dollars)

50kSilverDollar.jpg

Should be an easy grab for someone coming/going to a STOC event. Right off I-90, Exit 16, near the Idaho border.

LoLoPass.jpg

And.... I have to say it was a very cool visitor center. I could easily spend a few hours there.

New: "Workd Famous" (just ask them) 50,000 Silver Dollar (tourist trap - but they have $50k in Lincoln silver dollars)

50kSilverDollar.jpg

Should be an easy grab for someone coming/going to a STOC event. Right off I-90, Exit 16, near the Idaho border.

That was one heck of a ride today. Especially with the heat. Well done!

LoLoPass.jpg

50kSilverDollar.jpg

OK, the Visitor Center is actually Idaho so the Silver Dollar it is!

Back
Top Bottom