MV

Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
There's a motorcycle shop right up the road from where I work, stopped by for the first time today, Monkey Moto sells MV's, so I go in, and they ask "can I help you? " i take one look around and say "i can't even afford to be in here" he starts laughing and says "you want to ride one? " okay, it obvious I can't afford one, and I said that, he said "tell your friends about us, that's all we ask"
So next thing you know I'm on a $27000 Superveloce.... WOW, word just don't do justice for it
monkeymoto.com20220721_172143.jpg20220721_160838.jpg20220721_172211.jpg

Bike
2010 ST1300
Doesn't look as comfortable as an ST. But a work of art.

$27K? A K bike is there, so is a fully loaded Gold Wing. Motus was 30, and they had the gall to go belly up, leaving their customers w/ a museum piece and few if any replacement parts.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
That's a nice piece to look at, and I've always admired the Tuono too, particularly in the Race livery.
But no ride report?
How did the MV feel?
Acceleration?
Suspension?
Ergonomics?
Do tell.

TPadden

Tom Padden
Yeah the Veloce is pretty sweet.
The best looking (and sounding) MV in my opinion was the iconic F4 series manufactured from 1990-2018 in 750 and 1000cc versions; created by Massimo Tamburini at CRC (Cagiva Research Center), following his work on the Ducati 916. The engine was actually designed by a Ferrari team and was derived from a "cut down" version of a Ferrari Formula One engine with radial valves, and underseat exhaust.

Tom

Last edited:
OP
OP
RichKat
Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
The best looking (and sounding) MV in my opinion was the iconic F4 series manufactured from 1990-2018 in 750 and 1000cc versions; created by Massimo Tamburini at CRC (Cagiva Research Center), following his work on the Ducati 916. The engine was actually designed by a Ferrari team and was derived from a "cut down" version of a Ferrari Formula One engine with radial valves, and underseat exhaust.

Tom

One of the best looking sportbikes ever

OP
OP
RichKat
Bike
2011 ST_1300 PA
STOC #
The Superveloce is so light and nimble, it's hard to believe, almost like getting on a bicycle. The 3 cylinder engine, has way more feel to it than I expected, the two outside cylinders have perfect balance, but you feel the center one, almost like a single cylinder, at idle it definitely has a thump to it. Power is light till about 5000 RPMs, them BAM it shoots to redline. It's the first time I've ridden a bike with the shift assist, where you just grab the lever and, pop, it's in the next gear, that would take getting used to . And coming off my ST, on to this, wow, scary light and maneuverable. Definitely will remember it for a long time

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
The Brutale RR in your pic would have been my choice to ride. I was real close to picking up one when I was living in Texas. Just gorgeous bikes!

TPadden

Tom Padden
Wow - but why so many parked vehicles on a race track?
The Porsche and Audi probably didn't appreciate getting passed...;)

Since its opening in 1927, portions of the Nuburgring race track has been used by the public for the so-called Touristenfahrten: anyone with a road-legal car or motorcycle, as well as tour buses, motor homes, or cars with trailers, are able to drive it for a "toll".

"The Nürburgring is a popular attraction for many driving enthusiasts and riders from all over the world, partly because of its history and the challenge it provides. The lack of oncoming traffic and intersections sets it apart from regular roads, and the absence of a blanket speed limit is a further attraction." :thumb:

Tom

Top Bottom