My first drop

Bike
ST1100
had my first drop on my ST1100 yesterday morning,It was so stupid and embaressing I,m not going to tell how it happened,just to say no harm done to either machine or rider as the bike was stationary.
Lovely weather here in Ireland at the moment,record temperatures for this time of year.I managed over 700 miles over the past 4 days mostly on Achill Island and the west coast of Galway and Mayo.no problems with the bike,just the driver:(

Stuff happens. Chalk it up to experience and learn a lesson. A wise person once told me that anyone who hasn't dropped a bike at least once hasn't ridden very much.

Btw, you lot over there have stolen our beautiful spring weather we've enjoyed for the past couple of weeks here in the eastern US, and we want it back. It was last seen this weekend headed east off the coast and over the pond. :)

Bike
ST1100AX
Fearmor, don't worry, no matter how you managed it I am sure others have already done it, especially forgetting to put the side stand down or forgetting to take the disc lock off (I will admit to the second one :eek::).

As for the weather 98PamAm, I am sorry, this may be the only decent sunshine we get all year so we are aiming to keep hold of it as long as possible, we will pass it back when we have finished with it. :D

OP
OP
Fearmor
Bike
ST1100
Hi Flookyk,second one was mine also......Do you ever venture over to Ireland on your bike.
98PamAm...we need all the sunshine we get over here so we,re holding on to it.I hope to do another good spin over the easter weekend weather permitting,probably up the northwest coast of Donegal.
pat

Bike
2014 R1200RT W
STOC #
Glad there was no damage. I was over for 10 days around Patty's day 6 or 7 years ago, I understand what you mean about the weather and tempratures now. I hope to come to Ireland on holiday again one day but the dollar has to gain some value first.

Bike
ST1100AX
Not yet Fearmor, it's on the list of places we want to go with our bike as and when money allows.

I have been over to Howth and Coleraine in the past but flew both times and hired a car from the airport.

OP
OP
Fearmor
Bike
ST1100
Hi Flookyk,second one was mine also...Do you ever venture over to Ireland on your bike?
98PamAm...we need all the sunshine we get over here so we,re holding on to it.I hope to do another good spin over easter weekend weather permitting,probably up the northwest coast of Donegal
Pat

OP
OP
Fearmor
Bike
ST1100
look up www.irishphotorally.com.It,s a kind of a test set here in Ireland ever year.you have to visit various out of the way sites and take a photo including your bike.I have 8 sites visited so far this year and might get another few over easter
Pat

Bike
ST1100AX
Oh, to help with the disclock, I have a yellow lead attached to my disclock now that goes around the brake lever so I don't forget it anymore (hopefully ......touch wood ....) ;)

OP
OP
Fearmor
Bike
ST1100
Sure is heavy Jim but I managed to Jump clear.There was a guy nearby who helped me get her back up,although I would have managed but a little help is always nice.
Pat

Top Bottom