My Garage-Mahal project has begun!

Bike
Thruxton
STOC #
Well, the budget has been allocated, pre-planning has been done..
Now the work has started,,,Just returned the rental equipment-Concrete cutter and jack-hammer..My arms feel like jello, but the hole is cut!\

Phase one is putting my Direct lift lift into the ground so it is flush with the floor, so I can just ride/roll the bike up get off and hit the button and up she goes!, 2nd part of this phase will be to take everything out of garage and refinish the floor..After that, the fun begins, Electrical/new BIG compressor, Air plumbed throughout, Paint, Workstations, Storage etc etc...

Stay tuned

Attachments

• IMG_5284 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5284 (Small).JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_5285 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5285 (Small).JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 107
Wow, Brother that's hard core. Our lift uses the obligatory ramp and 2 x 6 for extra ramp length. That will be wonderful to have that thing sitting level.

I've seen a real nice floor coating with traction texture that you can color match to your shop. That's my only plan for the floor in my garage. I just finished the cabinet project.

Great job and kudos to you. If I get to San Antonio and let you lift "Nitro" with that thing do I get a plaque or something ?

Wow, that's an ambitious project! Hope you don't strike anything but dirt under there. I'll drop by for an oil change sometime...ha,ha.

Wow, that's an ambitious project! Hope you don't strike anything but dirt under there. I'll drop by for an oil change sometime...ha,ha.

I have a Friend who is a Geo-Technical engineer for one of the cities here. He is consulting on the project :D ..He borrowed a nice piece of equipment before I did any work and "looked" under the slab for me...all is well

So if some time down the road you decide to sell the place and move, you have a big decision to make--either the new owner gets a nice lift, or he/she gets a nice hole in the floor. But there's a third option--you could offer to install a quality, built-in floor safe embedded in fresh concrete!

Dont plan on selling/ moving...been there 17 years, have got her fixed up the way we want her..gonna retire in 13 more months..

If I loose the house for reasons beyond my control...then I don't really care about the hole in the floor!!! Besides, lift out the lift, little rebar/mesh/concrete, it will be whole again :D

Dave,
A very nice beginning. It would be nice to see your dream and hard work come to fruition , will you be posting progress pictures on your web shots page ?

Well, the lift is in the ground and it works!!!
Next I will trimming the opening with either angle iron or aluminum.

Attachments

• IMG_5289 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5289 (Medium).JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 127
I'm just jealous you actually have a garage. Believe it or not, I haven't had one for 12 years, but do have two nicely self-engineered and built sheds for the steeds and the lawn tractor. Bet yours ain't mouseproof like mine....... Anyway, nice job. I'm moving in the next 3 years, and the first requirement (dream) is a triple garage double deep. Or a single attached with a double, double deep out back. Need room for the woodworking tools too!! Maybe I should give up a hobby or two.....

Whew, lots and lots of work later (I took two days and blew 42 bags of insulation into attic and put in a new water heater and added an outdoor spigot on side of house)) The floor has been re-finished...this is just after I finished, now it dries for 24 hours then I start putting garage back together.
All my stuff in crammed into a 20' cargo trailer which is parked in the drive way...I painted the walls too!

It's beginning to take shape! Ita a balmy 98 degrees and humid as He&& outside.

Lots more pictures are in the "garage" folder on my webshots page.

Just click "My Pictures" below

Attachments

• IMG_5291 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5291 (Medium).JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Everything is out of the trailer, lots and lots of work/thinking/organizing to go.
Got my new compressor today, Have to run the 220V line to it yet.
This is actually pretty darn fun..:D

Attachments

• IMG_5297 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5297 (Medium).JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5298 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5298 (Medium).JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5299 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5299 (Medium).JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 76
It would be money well spent to replace the garage door with an insulated one since you went through all the trouble of insulating the attic.

Ray

Er........ uh............. yer compressor's too big. No wait....... the difference between men and boys is the size of their toys...... nice job. I'm still jealous, though.

Making good progress, electrical is pretty much done, Hope to get all the plumbing in for the air system this weekend. Then get to work on completing the entertainment systems :D

Attachments

• IMG_5300 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5300 (Medium).JPG
    75 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5301 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5301 (Medium).JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5303 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_5303 (Medium).JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom