My tip over bars are on order ...

STOC #
I knew it would probably happen sooner or later! I?ve had my ST for two weeks and dropped it this morning in a parking lot at about 0 mph. I was backing into a spot and a pickup truck across the way decided to back out of his spot (into me). I back-pedaled as fast as I could, but I was too focused on his bumper and lost it ? down on the port side. He pulled away, never knew the difference and missed me by about 2 inches. Man that?s a slow painful feeling! Minor damage to the tip-over bar cover and my ego, but I?m sure I?ll be sore in the morning. This isn?t the first bike I?ve dropped, but it?s the heaviest!

I managed to pick it up by backing up to it and lifting by the left hand grip and the passenger hand hold. I was wondering if anybody has any other suggestions for doing this alone. I think it would be a little tougher from the right side. From the left side, I could stand it up enough to drop the kick stand. Any way do it, this baby is heavy!

Maybe I can get Bydawg to move me up on the list?!?!? :eek::

Ride Safe,

Dave

You guys are starting to scare me...I haven't dropped mine....yet....from some of these posts it seems almost inevitable!!

It's not inevitable, but it's always happened to me at least once. I'll take 0 mph anyday! Everything else is just not fun!

This evening - scotch helps!!

Bike vs. Truck... It's a no-contest! Here's your TOA!

toa.jpg

Top Bottom