Boots narrow foot/legs needs waterproof boot

ftm

My primary concern is above. After I figure that one out I can focus on the rest. I know I can fix the footbed area with insoles but the ankle and shin area seems to be a harder fix. Boots with zippers and velcro flaps are not that adjustable. Even those with several velcro tab adjustments seem to be sloppy. I have a pair of older Hein Gericke boots with two tabs and flap. This setup may be ok but the boots are severals sizes to big!

other concerns are walkabilty and traction

I like the looks of tour master solution, sidi on road, tcx x-five. Some what clean, full length and leather. I'm not above wearing womens boots as long as they don't look like womens boots.

I suppose lace up boots may be the best solution but I was wanting easier off and on. I have a pair of Vasque Sundowners hiking boots in narrow width. Some high end manufacturers may offer narrow but distributors seem to not like to carrry them.

The sidi on road probably won't work for you. I can cinch the Velcro fully. The boots do stay on securely but the leather sags a bit because it is not real tight against my calf. Other than that they are great boots and were rated tops in a waterproof test I read about.
Posted via Mobile Device

I did just buy a pair of TM Solutions but my secondary pair are AlpineStars Ridge waterproof boots. The Ridge boots have the Velcro on both sides of the ankle with a zipper on only one side. This allows them to be adjusted very snug against the ankle/shin. You might want to try them. They have been waterproof for me. They are my secondary pair because I used to leave one side of the Velcro set and would only open the zipper side and ended up with the liner pulling away at the top. Since then I undo the Velcro on both sides and they almost fall off my feet but when all is fastened they are snug on the leg. My feet have plenty of room inside, but you did mention that you can fix that with inserts. Just a suggestion. :)

You might want to have a look at Original Swat. I have a pair of the WinX2 and they are hands down the most comfortable boot I have found for riding and they only weigh 39 ozs.!! I bought mine at a show but looking at their web site they seem to come in quite a few sizes. http://www.originalswat.com/main.php

RJS, how well do the tourmasters adjust?

UNTmatt, what Danners are you talking about?

I am trying to not go for the tactical/militant look.
I agree the manufacturers are not meeting the needs of anyone besides the average person. I can easily buy a find a $200 pair of well fitted hiking boots or a $400 bad fitting motorcycle boot.

Aerostich Combat Touring? not super waterproof.

My primary concern is above. After I figure that one out I can focus on the rest. I know I can fix the footbed area with insoles but the ankle and shin area seems to be a harder fix. Boots with zippers and velcro flaps are not that adjustable. Even those with several velcro tab adjustments seem to be sloppy. I have a pair of older Hein Gericke boots with two tabs and flap. This setup may be ok but the boots are severals sizes to big!

other concerns are walkabilty and traction

I like the looks of tour master solution, sidi on road, tcx x-five. Some what clean, full length and leather. I'm not above wearing womens boots as long as they don't look like womens boots.

I have the solution. They run tight before they break in.

Here's a suggestion, get the tightest size that fits your feet. Put about 1000 miles on them. They should adjust to your feet just right.

After that, install some DR. Sholes or something to take up the foot box.

<D>

My feet are relatively narrow, as are the lower half of my calves. I've been wearing the Oxtar Matrix (now TCX X-Five) for the last five years or so and have always found that the Velcro fittings around the upper conform pretty well.

NewEnough has a pretty liberal return policy; I'd say order a pair of something from them and see how they fit.

--Mark

Here we go, getting suggestions from guys with narrow feet and small calves now. Keep it up.

RJS, how well do the tourmasters adjust?

The TM boots don't really adjust much. You can pull the velcro a little tighter at the very top of the boot but otherwise there is really no adjustment. The AplineStars Ridge boot, however, has a lot of adjustment from over the top of the foot up to the top of the boot. With velcro flaps on both sides you would be able to get a fairly snug fit.

ps- I don't have wide feet, but I also don't really have narrow feet. I am average.

Found some! Took a ride to Iron Pony in Columbus and tried on everything. I settled on the Alpine star Ridge. Nice Velcro adjustment on each side above the ankle and 1 below. Good to walk in. I wish the boot were taller and the sole more aggressive. Still not bad for $130 boots. Someone posted earlier that the Ridge had a zipper but that is another model.

Two other possibilities which they did not have my size were the Sidi On Road Gt and Tcx Airtech Gtx. The Sidi's had 4 velcro strap adjustment. The Tcx were lightweight and snug on the calves.

Mine do have a zipper on one side. Must be an older model. I do know they updated the Ridge boot since I bought mine.

Back
Top Bottom