Need Experienced Inputs on Luggage Trailer

Bike
2004 st1300
STOC #
All I can really point out is my experience with the bushtec. The combination of airshocks,special torsion bar suspension with 16" motorcycle tires gives it a very stable feel. The guarantee from bushtec is no bounce. All this gives the trailer a very low center of gravity. This trailer weights in at 125 lbs with a gvw of 350. And still 21 cubic ft of space.

They also use a unique to them no slop connection to the bike that swivels all directions. This is with a pin and swivel ball hookup.

I did not know anything about trailers when I bought this one I just saw it in the craigslist for a good price (ooh that looks nice) and bought it.

I am quite please and suprised with this trailer on how handy and easy to tow that it is.

Gary
:04biker:

TinyL

Wingin It
Bike
2010 Wing
STOC #
Because of an electrical Germlin in Kreis Weigels bike,,, I finally got to visit his house,,, and see his trailer he makes...

I was not even really interested,,, in owning a trailer,,, but,,, after seeing,,, his trailer???

I FRIGG'N WANT ONE!!!

I REALLY REALLY DO I SAY!!!

:bow1:
Now I need pics Terry.

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
I got my single wheel trailer up to 160 km/h in rain for a short time in a straight. And I have absolutely no problem riding aggressively in twisties if the setup is right. You just need to be more aggressive to initiate and hold the turn.

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
Yes, I had my trailer over 180kph, a few times.
...snip...22 years, and I haven't had a flat, or any trailer based breakdown, and I only changed the bearings once. I am still on the original tires.
I'd be real afraid to be using 22 yr old tires! :(

I had dry cracks on my truck tires after 5 yrs.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I have seen Kreis's trailer and Gene's and they are both nice Scuba Daves is also very nice as is GeorgeGeorge's These were all home built and seem to work as well as any factory made ones I have seen. I would take any one of them if they would build me one!;)

TinyL

Wingin It
Bike
2010 Wing
STOC #
i have seen kreis's trailer and gene's and they are both nice scuba daves is also very nice as is georgegeorge's these were all home built and seem to work as well as any factory made ones i have seen. I would take any one of them if they would build me one!;)
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

pictures

STOC #
I pull a Bunkhouse camper (apx 350 lbs) I have not had any issues. I am careful with take off and give plenty of time for stopping.
One resource to get with Gold Wing Road Riders and get a copy of their Trailer pulling.
It is very informative and quite helpful.

Bike
'06 ST1300A
My reaction is similiar to Kempo's. My last 4 day trip to the Smokies with a Tank Bag and a River Bag on a luggage rack, left one side bag almost empty !

My own opinion, which was somewhat dampened by the testamonies of the experienced trailer haulers here is... why?
Why? Because it's pretty tough to carry two dozen centerbeams, a half dozen articulated autoracks and as many covered racks, two score wells with 2 containers each, scads of boxes, reefers, gons, hoppers, tankcars, and flats, plus the requisite 2 dozen+ diesels and steamers AND clothing, camping gear, etc in the saddlebags. And I'm dealing with "N"ormal stuff!

Mind you, I have been working on reducing the amount of stuff I take. Although a part of me still wants to get a "G"inormous GEVO. Just because... :D

"why?" because I don't have a car.

Bike
2004 st1300
STOC #
..."While riding at speed the bike actually felt a little more planted in turns. Kinda like riding two-up. The back end stayed planted."...trekker dave

That is my observation also seems more planted and stable at speed.

"...I've already ordered a new LED 3 function light bar to replace the existing lights on it.....trekker dave

I changed my blubs to LED also.If you haven't done so already get a trailer isolater so you don't draw from the bikes lighting system. I mounted mine behind the tailights wired to a relay that draws all power from the battery and is switched on with a relay that only comes on when the bike is on.

You should also post pictures of your bike on the following thread so we have pictures on many rigs.:)

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85115

Gary
:04biker:

Good timing!

I'm getting ready to take a 4 week trip from Florida to Montana do do some dual-sport riding in the mountains. Here is my set-up so far (still tweaking things a little bit).

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
Ask and ye shall receive.
Is that a First run Model??? The one in Kreis's Garage had a more enclosed fender I think...

It almost looked like it was made to stand up in a corner when not in use...

I am SERIOUSLY thinking about buying one and when,,, I get a Border Collie again,,, having a Dog Pen strapped on to the trailer so the Border Collie can ride up,,, pulling a Border Collie too... ;)

Top Bottom