Need SMC - Quick! Any ideas?

STOC# 6863
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
My SMC is locked up and I am planning a trip starting Sunday. Any ideas on how I could get one to my place in the next few days so I could change it out and bleed the system before Saturday? Ron Ayers and Bike Bandit can't do it and the Honda dealer is twice the price.

That did the trick. The folks at Partzilla were very helpful and with two-day air guaranteed for $25 it should be here on Thursday. Thanks, Rich!

I see that you got one which is good. If it helps anyone in the future that may see this. I ran into this issue once a few years back. The SMC rebuild kit was on nation wide backorder and there was none in stock anywhere I called. It left me scrambling. Then I had an idea. While more expensive the entire caliper mount assembly which includes the SMC was available. It was something like $100 vs $25 but the difference was a saved trip vs sitting at home. That is worth $75 to me.

Dang....I just saw this thread (was out bleeding brakes in the garage) :rolleyes:
I always have a couple in my parts tool box, I was going to offer to over night one to you as a last result.
Glad you found one.
Let me know if you need any help bleeding the brakes.
Igofar

Back
Top Bottom