NEP Throttle Lock

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
I came across this item at the local Cycle Gear and thought what the heck.
I do have a throttle lock (on the end of the bar) but don't know who makes it and hardly ever use it cuz I basically have to reach across with my left hand to lock it and unlock it. Now I probably don't know how to use it to begin with but in any case I picked up the NEP for "Honda" double cable use.
Not a good design! I have TWO Hondas in the garage (ST and 919) and this thing in original shape doesn't fit either of them.
Any way after messing around with it I had it on with the "tab" opposite the thumb lever to the front facing my hand or to the right which put the thumb lever on top above thumb position. I zip-tied it in place and it was working although not very convent to use but I liked it.
so I messed around with it some more and after a lot of wasted time got it back on in what I think should be the normal use position with the thumb lever to the bottom front so I could use my thumb easier. The "tab" on the opposite side is still facing to the right (I pulled it off and turned it around). The problem other than the tab not fitting between the cables to keep in place is any little bit of plastic off the surface would cause the whole thing to shift and one side to move towards the hand grip which would cause it to bind and the throttle wouldn't release on its own. Finally got it situated in a spot that it doesn't bind but not positive it will stay there.
When I went back in the house I ordered a "Go Cruise" to give that a try when/if this NEP starts to bind some on the throttle.
Ideally I want a real CC.

I do have a throttle lock (on the end of the bar) but don't know who makes it and hardly ever use it cuz I basically have to reach across with my left hand to lock it and unlock it.

Sounds like a Throttle Meister. Does it look like in the link?
If so, once properly adjusted, and you learn to use it, they work great.

Just a slight slide of the right hand to the end and roll the Throttle Meister and you are set. An easy roll back and let your hand slide onto the throttle and you release it.
I just installed a real (Rostra) cc. Sometimes I use one, sometimes the other. Always nice to have a backup too.

That's it. It's the heavy polished one.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it another go with your input. So far I haven't been able to do it with one hand without being on and off the throttle while I'm trying to get it tight enough to hold. But I'll try some more.
If I can find a real CC with all the item needed for a decent price I'll be adding that too.

Back
Top Bottom