New 2008 Wings Available?

JohnConner

Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour DCT
It is April 30, 2010 and I stopped by a Honda dealer on the way home from work today. They had a NEW 2008 Goldwing with everything, including airbag for about $20k. He told me Honda has a big supply of these available and he could have 50 delivered in a few days if he had a market for them. This bike had 0.8 miles on the odo.

Has anyone else heard about this? What are these new, 2 year old models really worth?

JohnConner
:rd13:

John

R.I.P. - 2024/01/22
Rest In Peace
Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
When I started looking for my ST, I wanted Silver (the classiest color) and discovered there are lots of them still available new in the crate. I spoke with several dealers who had them for around $13. Lots of '08s around as well. I was a bit surprised just like you were with the Wings.

I eventually found a used '07 with 11,000 miles and a couple of thousand dollars in the same farkles I had intended to add, for way less than a "new" 2007.

While the dealers are discounting these new/old bikes, they don't come close to what KBB says the value is.

John

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
While the dealers are discounting these new/old bikes, they don't come close to what KBB says the value is.

John
KBB doesn't give values for new, unsold vehicles. They only valuate used vehicles:

"Kelley Blue Book Trade-In Value
Trade-in Value is what consumers can expect to receive from a dealer for a trade-in unit.

Kelley Blue Book Retail Value
The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices for a used unit in excellent condition."
:)

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
I was very happy with the new '08 CBR1000RR (retail price $12K) that I got six months ago for $8,500 OTD.

John

R.I.P. - 2024/01/22
Rest In Peace
Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Thumperjdm,
That was my point exactly. It might be new, but when it rolls away from the dealer it is instantly a 2 year old used bike and is valued as such.

OP
OP
JohnConner

JohnConner

Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour DCT
Well, since someone mentioned Kelly Blue Book, I looked it up. 2008 Wing with airbag trade in is $14,800 and Resell is $19,085. They also say, "The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer."

So how much of a premium do you put on a "NEW" older bike? Probably a personal question and depends on how much you want that bike. It also would depend on how much the dealer wanted to sell the bike and what their wholesale price is... :think1: At this point it is an academic question as I don't have the money and haven't even driven a Wing. But it could make it interesting to haggle for a Group Buy of a half a dozen or so. Wonder what the dealer would do with that kind of opportunity.

:rd13:

TXRoadRash

FWDoc
Bike
2008 GL1800
The " new" 2008 Wings can still be had in OK, AR, and SC for $16,900 (Premium Audio only). But you can find some low mileage, with quite a few add-ons via Craigslist and CycleTrader for $15K--$16K.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
According to my local dealer the country ran out of 2009s way early but still many 08s left to be had. If you are planning on keeping the bike for a while, who cares about resale. It still comes with the same warranty.
Mike
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Bottom