New bike day tomorrow! My first ST

I bought it a couple weeks ago but it's at a dealer in Alberta and I'm in Vancouver, BC. Needless to say it's been a long couple of weeks but I fly out early tomorrow morning to ride her home. Will post some better pictures once she's home.

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
Congrats! I bought a used '04 as well in '09 and it's been a fantastic ride since. She is a bit hot in the summer though. Welcome to the forum!

Skip

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Oooohhhhhhh! A pretty blue one with a trunk. Bet you don't sleep much tonight......! :)

:04biker:

Enjoy and post lots of pics from your ride.

ToddC

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Nice color! Enjoy the ride back! ;)

OP
OP
StevieMac
Thanks guys. I was hoping to pick one up with a Hondaline top box if possible and this one turned up pretty loaded with Hondaline accessories: heated grips, fairing extenders, tank pads, saddlebag scuff pads and saddlebag liners. I'll be adding the mirror deflectors. It may be difficult to sleep tonight.

Looks like the ride home will mostly be wet but I'm still looking forward to it. :)

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Looks like the ride home will mostly be wet but I'm still looking forward to it. :)
Hope your trip is safe. Pay attention to all the closure points on your rain suit... anywhere rain can get in, it will... feet, hands, neck, chest, waist, etc.

I recently rode 3 hours in a downpour at night and should have payed more attention to some of the closure details of my own rain suit! ;)

OP
OP
StevieMac
Living in Vancouver I am FULLY accustomed to riding in the rain. Our weather is like Seattle and I ride year round.

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Living in Vancouver I am FULLY accustomed to riding in the rain. Our weather is like Seattle and I ride year round.
I should be getting advice from you! ;)

What suit do you wear? Boots?

Bike
2010 ST1300
I should be getting advice from you! ;)

What suit do you wear? Boots?
Joe Rocket ballistic jacket, alter ego pants, army surplus gore Tex over pant, red wing boots. Barkbusters blizzard hand guards during the rainy season.

OP
OP
StevieMac
Well it did indeed rain most of the way home but that?s not too surprising. In the crap weather I wear an Aerostich Roadcrafter 2 piece suit and either Aerostich Combat Touring boots or SIDI Discovery boots. I had Gerbings heated gloves on for the majority of the ride.

The bike rain great and the chassis/suspension felt really, really good for a 12 year old bike. It needed some help cosmetically but it?s polished up pretty nice.

I have maintenance to do and farkles to add of course but that?s part of the fun. Here she is...

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
I see you went ahead and got one of the super fast blue ones. Honda put special upgrades on the blue that made them really fast. Enjoy.

Bike
2007 ST1300A
Congrats! The blue sure is pretty, I'm sure that you'll enjoy many happy miles on the ST!

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Oooohhhhhhh. Aaaahhhhh !!!!! Enjoy! Farkleing is the fun part.

ToddC

ESB

STRIDER
Bike
'07 ST 1300
Can't believe the BLUE color is 12 yrs. old already! Remember when it came out new, and wanted Honda to keep painting them like that.
Well, its in a tie with Silver for the Best color, but that's a D*** good looking bike! U should get many great miles/KMs on it. Looks like its set up pretty good.

Top Bottom