New BT020's

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Bought my ST a little over 3 weeks ago with just under 5K miles. It still had the OEM Dunlops on it, but they were cupped f&r pretty bad.
I'm assuming the PO ran the pressures low because the rear was real bad.

So bad that I had road noise like a wheel bearing was bad. Even with ear plugs in I could hear it.
Knowing I had a trip to Nova Scotia planned for this Thursday I decided to get a set of BT020's installed because I knew the noise would drive me nuts for that distance.

Had a friend mount and balance them, hoping that was where the noise was coming from.
Luckily that was why I had so much noise and now it's nice and quiet. Handles much better with new skins also.

I am on my second set of 020's. I really like them. I got about 10K out of the rear and I'm at 12 K on the front and counting. I probably could have gone farther on the rear, but the wife was in the mood to let me spend a little bike money, so I ordered tires while the gett'n was good.

Bike
2008 VStrom 650
The 020's are the only tires that will go over 8K on our bike and to my knowledge the only tire designed for a 700lb sport tourer.

Top Bottom