New G6 H4 with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I don't remember reading that. Was was the cause?
What is it that wiped your first set? I just ordered a set and hope they will work for me.
I doubt if anyone will have the same problem I did. I set my light sensor up on the cop switch's 1/2/3, so I can have it Off All the time, Normal, On all the time. If I don't turn the headlight off (which you can do with a cop switch), before changing those settings, it causes some sort of issue, where it was blowing the fuse with a regular headlight, but not the LED, it caused the LED to fail. No idea why it would do that, but it did.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
I doubt if anyone will have the same problem I did. I set my light sensor up on the cop switch's 1/2/3, so I can have it Off All the time, Normal, On all the time. If I don't turn the headlight off (which you can do with a cop switch), before changing those settings, it causes some sort of issue, where it was blowing the fuse with a regular headlight, but not the LED, it caused the LED to fail. No idea why it would do that, but it did.
Some weird problems, I don't have any of those. My low and high beams work, I can see the lights change while looking at the headlights, but I don't notice much of a difference out on the road, actually very little difference. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Some weird problems, I don't have any of those. My low and high beams work, I can see the lights change while looking at the headlights, but I don't notice much of a difference out on the road, actually very little difference. Anyone else have this problem?

I had a bit of this too and took the bike out one night to a parking lot next to a white building in order to check the light patterns of each side of the headlight. I had to rotate each bulb a few degrees to flatten the combined pattern and define the cutoff horizontally. Also the low beam may be set too high to start with on low and then high beam is too high. In my NC I had too aim the headlight down quite a bit to get the high beam correct.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
I had a bit of this too and took the bike out one night to a parking lot next to a white building in order to check the light patterns of each side of the headlight. I had to rotate each bulb a few degrees to flatten the combined pattern and define the cutoff horizontally. Also the low beam may be set too high to start with on low and then high beam is too high. In my NC I had too aim the headlight down quite a bit to get the high beam correct.
Thank you. I believe I have all set up right but a double check is a good idea.

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
I had to adjust my headlights when I went from halogen to LEDs. I set the electric adjuster to the 4 o'clock position, then adjust the manual adjuster to get the low beam cut off on the far horizon. It is very hard to tell where it is with any city street lights. Take it out on a dark country road to really see the difference. Then you can fine tune it with the electric adjuster on the dash. It is amazing how many cars, trucks and bikes have their headlights mis-adjusted (pointed way down) and they wonder why they can not see well.

Last edited:
Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
What is it that wiped your first set? I just ordered a set and hope they will work for me.
Wow! Ordered on the 7th and arrived today from China. That was sure fast! Now if I actually want to install them or not after reading these posts. I am hearing install them but raise the beams alot etc. Anyone with the real goods on this chime in please...

Bike
2006 HONDA ST1300
Wow! Ordered on the 7th and arrived today from China. That was sure fast! Now if I actually want to install them or not after reading these posts. I am hearing install them but raise the beams a lot etc. Anyone with the real goods on this chime in please...
I have not had a road test yet because I am still waiting for more parts in the mail but I got my own set of G6 Evitek LED Bulbs and installed them already. I will post up pictures once I'm done with my project.

I have some faith in them just because a good amount of people have had success with the ST1300 in particular. Also I had another bulb that I was testing at the same time but ended up returning. It got really hot in a short amount of time, now I'm no expert but overheating is probably the first failure point in a poorly designed LED headlight. I came across this video last night that explains what to look for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sonh4lHu4XE

but their #1 pick cost more than $200!!!

https://gtrlighting.com/gtr-lighting-gen-3-ultra-series-led-headlight-bulbs-h4-9003/

So in comparison I'm willing to give these Eviteks a chance :) If they suck I only lost $50 vs $250.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Install them! And while you have the side cowlings off go ahead and put some LED clearance lights in to match the headlights. You'll need the plastic off to zip tie the "ballast thing" up anyway so you might as well change the clearance lights while you're there. You can get them at any parts store.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
I am a little bit no nonsense or drama guy and with all these opinions, I want a few real answers, not just opinions or I heard...or my uncles first cousin once removed brothers sisters uncles buddies friend said...see what I mean?
And so naturally you came to the interweb for that. :rofl1:

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Just yanking your chain amigo. :) There's lots of intelligence and lots of good info from a bunch of good people who care enough about their sport to share with others. But I'm not so sure about the real goods. :lol:

This thread is full of posts of info about installing and adjusting the Evitek bulbs. If you run into a problem, just post and I'm sure someone will reply with helpful advice. I found the install process to be pretty painless, but I definitely don't have the sharp cut off on the light that is shown in some of the pictures, so I keep stopping by the thread to check for hints and tips.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Have to agree with Tom. Straight forward install. Plug and play but the cutoff is not as sharp as the H4 bulbs. It is not an issue for me as I ride as little at night as possible. The true upside is that you can see these lights, in daylight, at least twice as far away as halogens. Combined with LED fork lites, apparently I look like a train coming from miles away. Accomplished what I was aiming for if that is the case.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I found the install process to be pretty painless
I think the install is simple, my concern is from a recent post about bright to look into but no better light out front...and another that a member talked about aiming them high in order to get sufficient light forward. That's my concerns. So maybe they go in and if I am not happy, I gift them to someone I don't like. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Both of my ST1300's have the Evitek G6 led bulbs in them. On our trip to Colorado I got to see the conspicuous effect of the high beams during the day. Yes, the Harley Ultra in front is on high beam too. I am on the bike in the back and my nephew is on the 06 in the middle. No aux lights. Both my bikes have the flashback leds too.

170614 Colorado (44)a.jpg
170616 Colorado (160)a.jpg

if you are not happy with the cutoff there is a few things that you can do with the Evitek G6.
if you bend up the metal wing shields a little bit it will flatten out the beam and sharpen the cutoff.
if you add a bit of wire across the bottom to cause the bulb to down tilt it will improve the low beam a bit but it will slightly degrade the high beam focus.

twist the fan to level out each beam.

if you are still not happy post a picture of the pattern on a wall.
The ST1300 has a lot of knobs that you can adjust the alignment of the beam.
I ride a lot at night and the ST1300 with these LEDs are awesome....

Last edited:
OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Also I still try to keep the first post on this thread updated on any other bulbs that I find that are worth considering as an option to the Evitek G6.
that way you do not have to dig through all the posts to find the latest info. There is still a lot of junk h4 led bulbs out there....
I have just ordered a few more to check out.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Re: New G6 H4 LED bulb with SHIELD is now availible - no glare no scatter.

I'm loving mine. 4 months now, no problem

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Installed my today (yesterday actually as I look at the clock). I should have taken a pic when just the first one was in. It made the 55/60W H4 look like a kerosene lamp. I don't ride much at night but I'll check the aim though it looks good out of the box.

ST1300  Evitek G6.jpg

Top Bottom