New Honda Cruiser.

Bike
VStrom 650
CMX1100T. I can't make my mind up if I like it or not. Irrelevant anyway, because I wouldn't fit. There's a nice red'ish one too. Stupid helmet and glasses are optional.
Upt'North.
IMG_20221111_131427.jpg

RobbieAG

Robert
Bike
2005 ST1300
If you like cruiser style bikes, it's pretty nice. Let's face it, they're the most popular style bikes in the US. It out performs most other cruisers and you get the Africa Twin drivetrain for much less money. I think the fuel tank on the T model is too small for a "touring" bike.

Beeflips

(it's me...Greg) Returning some videotapes
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
Every motorcycle company feels a need to take on Harley (for some reason) and produce a Harley wannabee.
Yeah, I get that, not sure why they are so coveted, but they are. Maybe because they are American iron. I've never had a desire to throw a leg over one. I have a friend that has one, and I've been offered to ride someone's CVO (I think that's what you call it) He tipped it over at a corner and it cost him $7K to fix it.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I never wanted to own one... ever. My mom always had one after starting out on a Honda Twinstar in the 70's. I always had smooth running dependable UJM's. :rofl1:

IDK why I like it... it's like owning an American V8 to me I guess, like the 15 Camaro SS/1LE I had. It was raw, gurgled, popped, it put a huge stupid grin on my face every time I started it up... man I miss that car, damn hail! :mad:

The HD does the same to me, puts that stupid grin on my face every time I start it up... that low end torque is so intoxicating (it has the 114ci in it). :cool: I scrape the boards in the twisties, just like the pegs on my Wing, but it still handles well and I'm not riding like I did on my C14 anymore. I can still have Kiana ride with me, and even Sherri has even entertained the thought of jumping on the back... Hell is freezing over everyone! :nuts:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Why would Honda build a sportster wannabe?
Because a lot of riders like the iconic Sportster-look and are easily swayed by the continual anti-H-D bias. They've had the Rebel lineup for decades. All the Japanese manufactures have had various cruiser offering for decades. It's not impossible that Honda might even make a bigger ROI off them than STs. I see this as a logic refinement/evolution of the line.

Why would Honda build a sportster wannabe?
+1 I rode my GL1000 with floorboards for years with my thighs and shins forming a 90º angle and it was a really comfortable position. But I didn't have that lean forward which would be really uncomfortable really quickly. With the Helibar riser my feet and hips could be very comfortable with the ST's pegs moved forward 8"-10" or so.

I don't like that headlight and fair in the first pick one bit. It's a weird blend of designs cues but it's not like Honda has never done that before. Being old and old school my preference for good looking muffles is twin reverse cone megaphone mufflers. But for the past several years the trend has been to make mufflers meet some unknown to me metric(s) that eschew clean attractive design. That's obviously subjective though.

Top Bottom