New Honda Cruiser.

Horsehead

Slow Pokin' the Southeast
Bike
'01 ST1100
Nothing wrong with Harley's or Harley Imitation, but the only thing I don't get is when there are already a thousand Road Glides with bat wing fairings going down the road, why would Honda put a mini bat wing on this one?

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Trying to win back some of the market and those sales perhaps.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
why would Honda put a mini bat wing on this one?
Maybe for the same reason some riders give up the STs and go to NVs. Even though some riders like the H-D style they don't necessarily want to ride a big-azz Road Glide. If these Bat-Mites don't sell well then it's on to something else or a rethink on that model. Certainly Honda sees more sales potential in those than in a mini-ST. But if they brought back a PC without 'fixing what ain't broke' I'd be there when the dealer's door opened.

Mr.E

Steve
Bike
Boss Hoss & ST1300
My excuse is I just love BIG Vee's, all I need now is a V6, which should have been the Triumph Rocket 3 ~ damn those engineers at Hinkley...

WW2017b.jpg DSCN0071 (3).JPG

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Nothing wrong with Harley's or Harley Imitation, but the only thing I don't get is when there are already a thousand Road Glides with bat wing fairings going down the road, why would Honda put a mini bat wing on this one?
Just a little education... Road Glides have a Shark Nose, Street and Electra Glides and the Ultra Limited have the Bat Wing. :thumb:

Last edited:

Jethro

R.I.P. - 2023/10/20
Rest In Peace
Bike
2006 st1300
Whatever puts the breeze between your knees is good with me. They all have their own fun factor can have and if I could have all I wanted I’d probably have 20 different bikes Including a couple Harleys. Maybe 30s or Indian. Going to dream a whole dream big

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
I gave this bike consideration before I bought the Heritage. It would be comfortable with a set of Helibars. I researched and discovered that Helibars from an Indian Scout would fit. It has a 7/8 diameter bar at the grip but a different size, an inch or inch and 1/4, at the bar attachment point.

Bike
2009 ST1300
I guess there's a market for it, my first street bike was an 83 shadow 500, bought it in 85 with almost no miles, rode it a bit and managed to get my MC license as a result, sold it for more than I paid, maybe the only thing I ever made any money on, I imagine they're using this bike to draw people into motorcycling.

Bike
2015 Yamaha FJR1300
'Cause shorter people...

My wife and I stopped by the local Honda dealer and she sat on one of the 1100 DCT's. She loved the seating position (very neutral position) and how she could flat foot the bike while noticing that the weight seemed to be much less than her current ST1100 (with a Corbin seat and aux fuel tank in the back...750lbs of bike to heft around). I've told her that her next bike will have cruise control since it will make our longer family rides much more confortable. Yes, we know about the throttle locks but the electronic cruise on my FJR handles the speeds up and downhill, too.

Well, the CMX1100 has cruise, heated grips are optional, and she can easily reach the ground. It's frustrating to no end that so many bikes exclude those with shorter inseams. I've looked at lowering links and that may still be an option. But in my opinion the tank range is WAY too small. 3.6gal including 1.1gal reserve...who thinks this is a good idea? Give me 5 gallons and then take my money. Runs on 87 octane, too! Throw some Shad side cases and a small windscreen on it and you've got a nice comfortable ride, at least for a short while. She told me it felt like her old 919.

I will add that in person it has less of a cruiser look and feel to it. Just that stupid small gas tank...

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

I like this a lot mainly because of the color. The Fury has a 3.4gal tank which seems a little small but that depends on what mpg you can eek out of it. The headlight is just a little to retro-future for me but I could get used to it.

The real issue for me would be the seating ergos. It looks to have a reach greater than I like. The ST's reach was tiring and annoying until I put Helibars on it. Another but less major issue is the wire and hose loom hanging is space from the frame to the tire. Still I like the bike. Even with a 71" wheelbase and 32º rake.

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin

I like this a lot mainly because of the color. The Fury has a 3.4gal tank which seems a little small but that depends on what mpg you can eek out of it. The headlight is just a little to retro-future for me but I could get used to it.

The real issue for me would be the seating ergos. It looks to have a reach greater than I like. The ST's reach was tiring and annoying until I put Helibars on it. Another but less major issue is the wire and hose loom hanging is space from the frame to the tire. Still I like the bike. Even with a 71" wheelbase and 32º rake.
A friend of my son has one - he calls it a "Furby".
1674238214196.png

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've told her that her next bike will have cruise control since it will make our longer family rides much more confortable.
Easy enough to put MCCruise on ST1100s - I have them on all 4 of mine and they work like factory cruises.
Not cheap (depends a lot on the USD vs AUD) but worth the money for the comfort. :biggrin:

rogo

Site Supporter
Bike
'05 ST1300
2024 Miles

100 mile range for the bike and your lower back.
The ergos look identical to my last bike.
My ST fits so well.
I do enjoy looking though.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Sometimes you just want variety ;)
So you take a Bobber, tack panniers and a bikini fairing on to name it a Bagger...

Besides having the 1084ccm Africa Twin engine:
Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), Wheelie Control, TBW (Throttle By Wire) with 3 modes, LCD instruments, DCT*...
(* optional)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
So you take a Bobber, tack panniers and a bikini fairing on to name it a Bagger...
Sometimes that variety doesn't include panniers or a faring of any sort.

100 mile range for the bike and your lower back.
There are days when a 100mi range on a tank is fine. 100 out - fill up - 100 back. Just a lunch run. As for the Fury's ergos I mentioned them and my ST. Move the bars back some and see what happens. There are many members here who've gone to a custom seat as 200mi is their limit on a STock ST. It's not for me except for a 200mi soda/stretch/snack/lunch break. 600mi gets my lumbar's attention on the ST.

I've no allusions that the Fury is an all day bike or a replacement for the ST when doing ST riding. A different bike for a different day for a different kind of ride. As I said the rake and trail would take a little getting used to. The longest wheel base of any bike owned was a skosh over 60" for a 750 Duc. It was slower handling except that it could easily be flicked through a corner with a little deliberation and one of the lighter bikes I've had.

The Fury isn't on my current shopping list as it's biggest draw is the color yellow. But — it's only one PowerBall winning away from being in my stable.

Top Bottom