New Honda Line Stereo Speakers

Bike
09 Vulcan V-ger
Has anyone else seen the new speaker system from Honda. I first saw it in an HRCA magazine and then at the dealership when I was getting a new front tire. I wondered how it sounded and if it could be mounted on my ST. The dealer didn't have any answers.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as my wife and I will be riding to the Honda Hoot in Knoxville TN this June from Frisco TX and will be in serious need of tunes. I like the idea of the external speaker system rather than a helmet based system too.

Here's a pic of what it looks like:

Attachments

STOC #
I saw this system at the Honda Tent while visiting Bike Week in Daytona last week. It is designed for the VTX, as it mounts to the handlebars and will not adapt to the ST as I was told by one on the Honda reps there. I'm also looking at the Autocom system for my 06 STeed.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I don't know watt :rolleyes: there rated as far as power, but the Wing system is crystal clear at 80+ mph with fullface on ;)

You might visit a VTX board and see if someone has installed one ;)

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
...will not adapt to the ST as I was told by one on the Honda reps there.
That sounds like a challenge if I ever heard one.

Of course, according to Honda, if it's not listed for the ST in its official parts and accessories catalog, it can't be adapted... Guess I'd better remove all of my farkles except the tank pad. :rolleyes:

--Mark

Im sure you can find a way to mount it, but don't be so quick to write off a quality com system. I started my 'journey' thinking like you, researched all radio options etc, then played around with battery operated radios & MP3 players with modified (homemade) headset speakers and even earbuds. Nothing worked good enough for my actual needs. I ended up with Autocom, XM, a GPS that 'talks to me', and I can actually have a conversation with my passenger.

One more thought. When traveling long distance with a passenger, and reflexes may be slow, there may be a time when immediate and clear communication is necessary. If the external radio is loud (most com systems will mute music when you talk) you might not hear each other. Imagine you having to take your eyes off the road a sec to turn around to talk w/ your spouse, or her shifting her weight at the absolutely wrong time to move up and yell in your ear..... I can't tell you how many times I've had to say "hang on" with only seconds to avoid a pothole, etc.... and immediately felt my SO respond.

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
Im sure you can find a way to mount it, but don't be so quick to write off a quality com system. I started my 'journey' thinking like you, researched all radio options etc, then played around with battery operated radios & MP3 players with modified (homemade) headset speakers and even earbuds. Nothing worked good enough for my actual needs. I ended up with Autocom, XM, a GPS that 'talks to me', and I can actually have a conversation with my passenger.

One more thought. When traveling long distance with a passenger, and reflexes may be slow, there may be a time when immediate and clear communication is necessary. If the external radio is loud (most com systems will mute music when you talk) you might not hear each other. Imagine you having to take your eyes off the road a sec to turn around to talk w/ your spouse, or her shifting her weight at the absolutely wrong time to move up and yell in your ear..... I can't tell you how many times I've had to say "hang on" with only seconds to avoid a pothole, etc.... and immediately felt my SO respond.

+1

Ray

I saw one yesterday at my local dealer. It's designed to be mounted to a tubular handlebar and therefore won't fit on the ST as it is sold today. It's a nice unit. 20 Watts a side. The amplifier has mute function, volume control and power button separate from the speaker bar and was located on a the left side handlebar. I'm not sure what the price was for it.

Murray

OP
OP
webdink
Bike
09 Vulcan V-ger
Thanks for all of the posts. Along with researching the hondaline speakers I was also looking at other alternatives. I ordered the autocom unit yesterday along with a E52N 902 (gloss black) for my :06biker: . I got the Active-PLUS Rider Kit, 2x Headset Extension Lead: Coiled, and a Universal (Type A) Headset. I am looking forward to trying them out on the way to the Hoot in Knoxville.

I made my decisions based on opinions from the riders here at the forums and feel confident that I'll be happy with my choices.

If any of you are ever in the North Dallas area give me a :call: and we'll go riding. I am also looking for people to ride to the Hoot. It's Tuesday June 19th through Saturday the 23rd. More info at www.hondahoot.com.

We are going to leave on Monday the 18th, Layover in Memphis that night. Get up the next morning to see the King and then shoot to Knoxville.

ALL ARE INVITED....:)

Top Bottom