New Honda Transalp

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Looks cool.
Wonder how much cheddar it will command...? I guess over 13k.

T

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I'm guessing with the 700 Tenere at $9,999 that Honda will hew pretty close to that.

Plus just upon inspection of the photo it lacks a lot of gear that comes standard on the Yamaha, like hand guards and skid plate for starters. It's not a bad start, but it better not deviate too much from the Yamaha price.

Edit: It has a tail rack that the Tenere lacks. But it's not a $3k rack.

Edit, edit: I also like how the Yamaha's frame runs well outboard of the pipes and engine cases. Those same parts look pretty vulnerable on the Honda. Though at my age, I don't expect I'd test those differences. :)

1667939471590.png 1667939523327.png

OP
OP
bdalameda

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
I noticed some items missing too but saw another picture of the bike at the show and it had a full skid plate and hand guards.

Watch the video on the attachment I posted and it shows the bike on a rotating table and it has hand guards, a skid plate and small engine guards.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Though at my age, I don't expect I'd test those differences.
I'd expect anyone taking one of these bikes off paved (or graded gravel) roads will have it outfitted w/ handguards, bash plate, and engine guards. If it's true that 'the bigger they are, the harder they fall' then these larger adventure bikes need decent protection in the rough stuff.

OP
OP
bdalameda

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
Suzuki are releasing a 800 VStrom too. Also with a parallel twin.
Upt'North.
Yep - I just posted that - it looks like these two bikes are in direct competition with each other. Strange they are still calling it a V-Strom as it now has a parallel engine, P-Strom?

Bike
VStrom 650
Yep - I just posted that - it looks like these two bikes are in direct competition with each other. Strange they are still calling it a V-Strom as it now has a parallel engine, P-Strom?
I had this discussion elsewhere earlier today, some twerp was saying at least with BMW you know where you are.
"R's have always been Boxers".
No they haven't. I suppose most manufacturers hang onto brands that sell well even if it is stretching the point.
Someone else said P Strom was naughty in German, they wouldn't find that funny, they find nothing funny.
Upt'North.

Top Bottom