New little sister

STOC #
The second bike bug has struck again. This DL 650A came all the way from Bangor Maine to my garage in RI. The local dealer said there were only seven ABS models, 09 of course, in a 300 mile radius. So this "oversupply" doesn't apply across the board. I'm really happy to bag one before the dealer had to say that I would have a wait until Suzuki imported more. And on top of that, he was very happy to sell in the middle of the winter and took $900 off the retail price.
Unbelievable, I say!!!!!!
Plenty of time to farkle now.

Attachments

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Nice! Congrats, Doc. BTW, Mrs Bones says since you're now probably short on garage space, she'll glady give you $500 for that other silver toy. (She'll even come pick it up! :D)

OP
OP
blueSTormer
STOC #
Nice! Congrats, Doc. BTW, Mrs Bones says since you're now probably short on garage space, she'll glady give you $500 for that other silver toy. (She'll even come pick it up! :D)
Thanks, Bones. I'm still scratching my head on how to arrange the garage. Right now a car gets the boot outside. Who knows, a big enough boot might kick it all the way to Wilbraham!

OP
OP
blueSTormer
STOC #
Thanks guys. The farkle list is already one page long. This isn't going to be pretty. But with all the experience I had with the ST, it should go much faster.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Congrats, Good choice. I made the same choice two months ago. I was told that my ST and other bikes would sit and I would be riding the Wee more. They were correct. It is the perfect Colorado bike.

OP
OP
blueSTormer
STOC #
Thanks Chuck. Now if I lived out by you, I might have a KLR in the garage instead. But I have the feeling that my old bones might revolt in that situation.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Nice Dr. Bob!!!

Chris saw it over my shoulder and liked it too...
Then she commented that your place looks cold! :)

Mark

OP
OP
blueSTormer
STOC #
Nice Dr. Bob!!!

Chris saw it over my shoulder and liked it too...
Then she commented that your place looks cold! :)

Mark
Hi Mark. Thanks. Mary and I are coming out to Phoenix for Easter. Do you think I can fit the Wee in the luggage?

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Hi Mark. Thanks. Mary and I are coming out to Phoenix for Easter. Do you think I can fit the Wee in the luggage?
Depends on what type of semi you're driving!

Keep us in the loop on your travel dates!
If the dates work and if you bring your gear we can probably find a bike for you... :)

Mark

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Actually, the Ether trick worked like a charm on the rear wheel. I can't get the front to seat to save my life - the explosion that seats the bead gets vented out without filling the tire.
Put a band (ratching tiedown) around the circumference to 'splay' the bead into the right area and then do the butane/ether thing... rememeber both are heavier than 'air' and that a nomex suit is recommended...

Top Bottom