New member, new owner ST1100 1999

OP
OP
ddiez
Bike
Honda CBR125
Canada is a pretty big place. Good idea to be a little more specific with your location and include the above.
Bienvenue a bord.
Hello Andrew Shadow. I'm in Montreal, West-Island. Thanks!

Welcome aboard!!
Speaking of plugs and filters.....Check out part #11, secondary air filter. It's in the little plastic box attached to the front of the air filter housing. Make sure you replace this little guy each time you replace the primary filter. You can see the lower half of the box at the front of the lower primary filter housing, #6, below. It's usually overlooked. Time/heat will crack it up and it will end up inside a carb or four, possibly causing some problems, possibly not depending on the size of the crumbly pieces.

1697017868676.png
Hello OldBikeFixr. Yes, I inspected all the air box assembly and it was in very good condition. The Item 11 (foam filter), I Did not replaced it, but I cleaned it with the K&N filter cleaner solution, then rinsed with water, dry and put it back.

Welcome!
I’m new myself with a 1993 st1100. Amazing non-judgmental people here. I’m a new rider and got it as my second bike. A bit heavy for me and hope to go on a long ride at some point.

My bike:
C1AC37B2-2A76-4880-AD17-B72163CF6B2E.jpeg
Wow! it looks new!

I received the fork spring kit (progressive suspension 11-1126), EBC front/rear brake pads, and the rear disk. I think I'm going to order Bridgestone G548 and G547. to replace the tires at the same time. Now the bike have Metzeller tires. Rear seems ok, front tire is a little bit worn, is bumpy. They are already 12 years old.

Top Bottom