New Metzler Roadtech Z6's - strange sound

Bike
BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
The strangest thing is happening with my brand new Metzler Z6's (front and rear). From about midway into each curve through exit, there's a sound that seems to be a "wheeeeee!" At first, I thought it was some undocumented road noise with the tire. :confused:

Then, I noticed the sound was so vivid, it was like it was coming through my Autocom helmet speakers.

As though it were coming right from the microphone itself...

Man, I forgot how much fun it was to take the turns with a brand new set of rubber. :D :D :D

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Different tires, different tread patterns, different noises.. some don't make much at all until they're worn a bit but some make sounds immediately. I don't remember what the z6's look like but I'm thinking it's just the tread pattern.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I'm thinking that "wheeeee" sound was inside his helmet as he shouted with joy...new sneakers will do that. :headbang:

OP
OP
MLRickards
Bike
BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I'm thinking that "wheeeee" sound was inside his helmet as he shouted with joy...new sneakers will do that. :headbang:
Bones wins. He "got it".

FWIW, I didn't notice any actual road noise difference with the Z6's versus the original Dunlops.

This will be my third set of Z6's they don't get any quieter with repeated use. I think my next set will be Avon Storms, maybe they'll be louder.;) :D :D :D

Top Bottom