New Scenic Photo Contest

WaterlooJay

R.I.P. - 2021/07/28
Rest In Peace
Bike
2021 BMW RnineT UGS
STOC #
If I were a judge, man this one would be in the running.
Look at the perfect alignment of her... I mean.... look at how he angled Betty’s hands on the bike.
Now that’s attention to detail along with a great theme.

:thumb:
It was luck, I backed up the bike a few feet to capture the shot. Nothing was intentional.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles

My Honda NT700V at Artist Point, Mt. Baker. That's Mt. Shuksan in the background. I never thought I'd sell that bike, till I bought my BMW F800GT.

Below, coming out of Zion National Park, about 30 minutes down the road. The landscape was surreal, like something you'd see in the PC Game from the 80's?, Myst. The contrast between the black rock on the right, and the light gray rock on the left left me in awe at the beauty there. And in the left center of the picture, is a shadow caused by a large rock sticking up like a knife blade in the midst of the gravel below it.

Chris

Last edited:

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
1547862307597.png

My Honda NT700V at Artist Point, Mt. Baker. That's Mt. Shuksan in the background. I never thought I'd sell that bike, till I bought my BMW F800GT.

Below, coming out of Zion National Park, about 30 minutes down the road. The landscape was surreal, like something you'd see in the PC Game from the 80's?, Myst. The contrast between the black rock on the right, and the light gray rock on the left left me in awe at the beauty there. And in the left center of the picture, is a shadow caused by a large rock sticking up like a knife blade in the midst of the gravel below it.

1547863101327.png

Chris
Good pics, thanks.

Bike
VStrom 650
Nice piccie Michael, nice to see somewhere looking like summer, I'm also jealous of that decent tarmac on the lane.
Hope the record highs over there aren't treating you too badly. Also happy belated Australia Day.
Upt'North.

Bike
2011 Honda ST1300
Nice piccie Michael, nice to see somewhere looking like summer, I'm also jealous of that decent tarmac on the lane.
Hope the record highs over there aren't treating you too badly. Also happy belated Australia Day.
Upt'North.
Thanks for the kind words. It is a library pic, taken October 2017 en-route to the OzSTOC NatRally. It was a warmish day and very humid, all jacket zippers un-zipped, but still an uncomfortable ride.

Here's a couple a fews days later in Grafton, NSW. https://goo.gl/maps/hNXXYTshe6o The Jacaranda trees are starting to loose their blossom, we missed the Jacaranda Festival by a few weeks.

IMG_3147.JPG

The Mighty Clarence River, and bridge:
IMG_3152.JPG

There are other ways to cross the Clarence:
099.JPG

Top Bottom