NEW! Slime Compact Air Compressor!!!

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I bought one of the Slime units last June. I've used it on my DRZ400S and my Dodge Dakota. (Takes a little while to do a truck tire...) It works fine on the SAE battery tender plug; polarity isn't a problem. I keep mine in the bottom of the top box, with a plug and go kit. Motorcycle Consumer News rated it highly, and it was less than forty bucks.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I just bought one of these slime compressor. For those of you looking I found it at Meijer. If you have one of those stores around you...they are 29.99 there.

Landon

Has anyone tried using one of the small bicycle pumps, a little more labour intensive, but light, compact and simple. Hopefully it's not something that you're going to need to use very often.

ChipSTer

Growing old, but not up!
Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #
Has anyone tried using one of the small bicycle pumps, a little more labour intensive, but light, compact and simple. Hopefully it's not something that you're going to need to use very often.
I've got one of those on my mountain bike (and a spare tube as well) and had to use it once... Trust me it was a real PITA :cus: (even though it pumps on both strokes)... I would not want to try to pump up a motorcycle tire... Although getting the proper pressure would probably not be a problem (42psi for the motorcycle and 55psi for the bike)... :D
:cool:

Imrubicon

Wannabe Squid
STOC #
So much for sleeping for now
old topic but now I have top go check mine as I bought it at the motorcycle show in Dallas a couple of months ago.Sleep is over rated anyway LOL:eek:

Last edited:

Imrubicon

Wannabe Squid
STOC #
That took a few min and
I can sleep as mine is the right way .
I also have the adapter plug for the dual powerlets so I may just use that also as I already have a adapter for them

Last edited:
STOC #
Sorry.. dont want to get a heart attack over a flat tire! manual pumps are for you younger guys...

Louie Louie

I ordered one after seeing the comparison on MCN and love it. Better than the Hausfeld I had on the 03...Fits perfectly in the left pocket. I also have the tire plugger.

BlaSTr

Miami ST
STOC #
Ordered one last night. Thanks for the tip. I looked at the Slime kit but wasn't impressed. This one seems lots better (even with the poorly engineered connectors).

STOC #
Just picked up my Slime Powersport (the one in the comparison) and it also came with a bottle of slime and a little tire pressure gauge and carrying case which I think I will toss as I'd like to put just the inflator,connections and the Slime plug kit in the left fairing pocket if it will all fit. Hopefully they can take the heat. I've never seen them up here in Ontario but when I phoned the distributer, they said any dealer can order it from them...

Top Bottom