New Staintune exhaust

Well I installed the Staintune pipes I bought off ebay, and I am very impressed with these pipes. Thanks to this forum for the info on these pipes, I had never heard of this company before joining this forum. The construction is very impressive, they look like will last forever. They look good on the bike, like a stock part.
2nd: The sound is nice, slightly louder than stock, with a better tone. I have not tried them with the baffle out yet. I was not looking for a louder exhaust note, and I am happy to report that once I get out of first gear I can't hear the exhaust at all. Very impressive.
3rd: Weight, these pipes are significantly lighter than stock. Can't say I really notice the lighter weight on the bike, but every little bit helps.
4th: I think the bike is a little cooler with this freer flowing exhaust. I have not ridden the bike much yet, but it does seem a little better. Again, every little bit helps.
All in all, a worthy investment.

well done on the new 'tunes. if you remove the baffles you will still not hear the exhaust note once at highway speeds but you will notice a deeper and louder rumble at idle. i rode with my baffles in for the first 4 months and without for the last 2 - either way is good.

angus

murray56

MC Murray
STOC #
I too run without the baffels. The BuB's on my Yamaha Venture are louder than the STainTunes!
As previously stated, They are a little more noticable at idle, and mostly undetectable at highway speeds.

Enjoy the ride with the new pipes!

OP
OP
Talonboy
I haven't removed the baffles because I am waiting to install the FPR first. The FPR just arrived from Turbo city, but haven't installed it yet.

Update:
I just install the FPR tonight and took the bike for a 40 mile ride. First impressions, the bike does run better, with better throttle response. It seems a little faster, and it wheelies better. It was rather cool tonight, temps in the mid 50's, so I don't know if the bike runs any cooler or not.
In all, two worthwhile mods. I'm very happy with the bike now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom