Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Well, you could have asked me earlier.
Most people don’t stick around when tornadoes show up. I thought most people learned that when they watched Wizard of Oz.
I was in lees landing with oem tent spikes and no hammer. A big one blew thru, first east and then west. Bent my tent poles. So, oz has nothing on me and yea, spent the night with a full bladder!

OP
OP
Rob F

Rob F

Site Supporter
A new kill switch - why ? (just clean the internals with electronic spray).

Exhaust wrap? Waste of time and money - not required.

Fork brace? Waste of time and money - not required.

Cross winds? Yea, you'll need a bit of riding time with this, to acclimate to the feedback. My wife and I drove a rental car 200 miles to buy our 1st ST13.

Bought it, then dropped rental off, then we rode the ST the 200 miles back in notoriously windy south Texas - a CROSS wind of about 30 mph average, for 45 minutes. Had to stop 2-3 times to compose myself, having never owned an ST. It took me about two months to acclimate to the STs "windy" idiosyncrasies, eventually became second nature to ignore the feeling altogether, and never thought about it again.
As far as the kill switch i was planning on taking it off and see if it is dismantlable. It feels like it doesn't "click" down properly. The parts catalogue shows it as an assembly and it maybe molded into the plastic. I may ruin it trying to take it apart but so what, It appears to be screwed anyways. I could always by pass it and install a toggle or push button kill. I will find out as soon as we get some warmer weather as i have no heated shop and some of you may know it's frigg'n cold up here this time of year. I had an opportunity during a warm spell to purchase and pickup the bike and now it sits in my seacan awaiting spring in about another 2 months. The exhaust wrap seemed a bit superficial but thought i''d ask. As far as the fork brace i know for a fact that it helped my 650 V-strom in the wind and on the gravel. It goes on fairly easy and doesn't do any harm ( except to the wallet) so i may give it a go but will have to take it for a test drive first.
thanks for the input.....always willing to listen.
Rob F.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
The parts catalogue shows it as an assembly and it maybe molded into the plastic. I may ruin it trying to take it apart but so what, It appears to be screwed anyways.
Not uncommon. They get gunked up with dirt and dried up lubricant. Open it, clean it out, polish the contacts, relube it and ride on.

See below;

OP
OP
Rob F

Rob F

Site Supporter
Not uncommon. They get gunked up with dirt and dried up lubricant. Open it, clean it out, polish the contacts, relube it and ride on.

See below;
Hey thanks for tip and the link. On my way to napa to buy some cleaner.

Top Bottom