Non-slip seat covers.

Bike
ST1100
Does anyone have any recommendations for non-slip seat cover materials? I had a very painful mishap today. Some myopic moron in a tin-top pulled out on me forcing me into a rather abrupt stop. This caused my pillion to slide into me, pushing me into the tank cover and crushing my b***ocks. I did just manage to get the side stand down without dropping the bike, but it was several minutes before I was able to ride off again. SWMBO said she would feel much more comfortable if she didn't slide forwards under heavy braking. Any Ideas?

Does anyone have any recommendations for non-slip seat cover materials? I had a very painful mishap today. Some myopic moron in a tin-top pulled out on me forcing me into a rather abrupt stop. This caused my pillion to slide into me, pushing me into the tank cover and crushing my b***ocks. I did just manage to get the side stand down without dropping the bike, but it was several minutes before I was able to ride off again. SWMBO said she would feel much more comfortable if she didn't slide forwards under heavy braking. Any Ideas?
Check out your local car trimmer - I have had numerous seats customised or refurbished over the years by ours including lowering and making a softer seat pad, then recovering it with non-slip waterproof material.

The Triboseat looks to be a decent option but it's for the pillion only. I thought there was somebody's version for the rider. Having something on both seats should give the boys a little more consideration.

I have a Russel-Day long seat leather. However can be slippery at times.
Check this out can get it in any color:
Smart Design Shelf Liner w/Classic Grip - Wipes Clean - Cutable Material - Non Slip Design - for Shelves, Drawers, Flat Surfaces - Kitchen (12 Inch x 10 Feet) or some variation.
Lay it on seat and set on it. No more sliding around and it's cheap!
Kent

Stay away from the Beadrider. It's like sitting on ball bearings....but on hot days, the ventilation is welcome.

The Tribo seat is also available for the rider. I had one on my Bandit 600S for a few years.

Last edited:
Rubber Kitchen Shelf Liners...
I have also benefited greatly from using those mesh-type rubber kitchen shelf liners that Kent mentioned. I have found that they work well in two different ways:

1) If I find I am sliding forward into an uncomfortable position on my rider's seat - this happens sometimes if I'm wearing non-leather pants that have a low coefficient of friction against my leather aftermarket seat - I just toss the little mat down on the seat, and it effectively glues my butt into position on the seat. No more sliding around.

2) If I am using some other kind of seat pad (sheepskin, Air-Hawk, Bead-Rider) and I find that device is sliding around on the seat, I put the rubber shelf liner underneath the seat pad, and once again, it holds the pad in place.

Cheap, and very effective. Just don't turn on the heat of a heated seat while it is in place.

Michael

Non-Slip Rubber Matting used as a Kitchen Shelf Liner

Top Bottom