"Northern Exposure" Bygdawg and Indypup Trip...

Two Brothers

Walking, Talking, and Smiling!
Man I thought I stacked my Electra Glide before. Would be courious to know the weight on that. You might want to go find a gravel road and ride down it a few times before you leave.

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Damn Indy. I bet that thing wheelies real easy with all that weight back there!:D
It does when I have my cooler back there full of stuff. I can power wheelie in 2nd. Lots of fun. :D I just have clothes in the dry bag. I probably only have about 20 lbs worth of stuff back there including the cooler rack weight.

indypup

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Man I thought I stacked my Electra Glide before. Would be courious to know the weight on that. You might want to go find a gravel road and ride down it a few times before you leave.
I don't think it's all that much really. I have about 20 lbs worth of stuff hanging off the back. Overall it's probably not 100 lbs worth of stuff loaded on there. I'll try the gravel road though to see how it handles. ;)

OP
OP
bygdawg
Bike
ST 1300
I have to figure out whether or not I'm taking the Givi on this trip. If not, it will be the first time I have traveled without it, but I think it would make taking the tire much easier.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Why didn't you guys find someone near your route and ship the tires there and do the swap instead of hauling them?

indypup

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Why didn't you guys find someone near your route and ship the tires there and do the swap instead of hauling them?
We tried to contact some guy called "wheeldog" that lives in Wasilla on MTF but he never responded. ACL had sent a set of tires up to him when he was going on his trip to Alaska that got cancelled due to the weather.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
We tried to contact some guy called "wheeldog" that lives in Wasilla on MTF but he never responded. ACL had sent a set of tires up to him when he was going on his trip to Alaska that got cancelled due to the weather.
I know its to late now, but if you guys were heading into Anchorage there is a place called The Motorcycle Shop that could have fixed you up. I rented and KLR from them last summer and they were great to deal with, even gave me a free T-shirt.

OP
OP
bygdawg
Bike
ST 1300
Thanks. I made a note of that. Will be meeting Roger and heading out in the morning. He is on the road this evening.

indypup

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
DAY 1

Well I left the house tonight (July 1st) at 6pm and road to Rockford, IL. A little over 400 miles. Just a warm up for tomorrow. ;) I'll meet Jay in the morning. I had my left headlight blow out. :( I guess I'll be stopping by wally world in the morning...

Weather was great, no rain so far. ;)

indypup

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
DAY 2/3 Jay and I met in Rockford, IL and rode like mad men all the way to Glendive, MT only because we couldn't find a place to stay in North Dakota. There was a convention in Bismark so we kept riding until we found something. Well we couldn't find anything so Jay decides to take a nap in a laundry mat bathroom while I was out in the area where people were washing cloths. I couldn't fall asleep so I rode on to Terry, MT and found a room where I'm currently at. I slept for about 5 hours. Jay slept for about an hour or so and got up and explored Theodore Roosevelt NP. I got a text from him about an hour a go saying he was tired and going to get a room north of Spearfish. I'm not sure where or what we are going to do from here on out or how we are going to meet back up. :(

I'm thinking about exploring the Theodore Roosevelt NP too until I hear from Jay. ;)

indypup

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
I've decided to ride to Browning, MT and see Glacier NP and wait for Jay to catch up there. ;)

Top Bottom