Norway 2022...

You don't often see a roundabout in a tunnel!
Yeah, they get a bit carried away with their tunnels...
You can not only experience hairpins/back-sweeps as tunnels, there actually "corkscrews" as well, could make one dizzy... :cool:
The IMO worst are those going underneath a Fjord... the imagination of billions of tons of rock and water above me isn't comforting... ;)

As to payment, best way is to register at ferrypay.no and thats it.
Wasn't really made public, I think it took 5 rides till one crewman finally mentioned that & handed me their card...
Not sure if it makes sense to register now, the next trip to NO might be 4~5 years from now and who knows what system they run by then.

Came across an unlit single track with passing places tunnel on one trip to Norway.

If you are planning a trip to Norway or Sweden the annual (except during Covid ☹️) Pan Gathering is due to be hosted jointly by Norwegian and Swedish Pan Clubs in late August 23. Details available in next couple of months.

Last edited:
If you are planning a trip to Norway or Sweden the annual (except during Covid ☹) Pan Gathering is due to be hosted jointly by Norwegian and Swedish Pan Clubs in late August 22. Details available in next couple of months.
You meant 2023 I suppose?
Was that actually mentioned during the Portugal Gathering?
Sounds interesting, still a lot to see up there :cool:

Yes great pictures. I was in Norway once, June 1969. Visited Oslo. Did some sight seeing. Lovely place, friendly people.......

You meant 2023 I suppose?
Was that actually mentioned during the Portugal Gathering?
Sounds interesting, still a lot to see up there :cool:
Yes was announced at the 2022 Gathering in Guimaraes, Portugal in September 2022

Looks like a great trip, especially with a lady rider along. I loved Norway when I was there. Thanks for sharing your crappy photos.

You've been in my neighborhood ! (Forde) . Photoshop? I didn't notice that we had THAT nice weather this summer !

Back
Top Bottom