Odyssey Battery for the ST1300?

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Hi All,

While I was at the Chicago show I picked up an Odyssey battery brochure. I had one on my Harley and it really cranked. They are considered to be one of the best, if not the best, battery on the market. I've had a good expierence with my last so I've been hoping to get one for the ST. They sell them really by their dimensions and post polarity.

As I measure the ST battery and start looking at the brochure I notice that the bike they have on the front cover is none other than an ST1300. So imagine my surprise when the only battery that will fit in the ST in the brochure isn't the same dimensions.

ST battery dimensions (L,W,H): 5.85 x 3.23 x 4.58
Odyssey Model PC310 (L,W,H): 5.43 x 3.39 x 3.98

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc310.htm

Since the ST has a cover over the battery I'm not sure that the lack of height would allow you to properly connect your battery cables and the length would cause some movement which may weaken the cables.

I suppose with some good shiming you might be able to make it work but I would be worried about it not fitting properly and causing slop issues. Funny how the ST is on the front page yet they don't have a battery to match up to it.

Anyone have any expierence with fitting an Odyssey on the ST?

Curt

Last edited:
STOC #
Curt:

I had one on 2 of my Buells and they worked great. I was just looking the other day an Odyessey battery but didn't find a cross-reference. With 42,000 on mine and all my extra electrics, I was thinking that Indigo might appreciate some help in the battery department. Whenever she sits more than a day or 2 (rare) I keep her on a battery tender. Maybe that's why it's lasted this long.

I'd be curious on cost exceteria.

Time2work on Indigo

Neil S.

Top Bottom