OEM brake pads

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
OEM is best, more evidence to that belief. I put EBC pads on ReSTored this spring at my sister's in Indiana in April. Completed the rest of my trip (~12,000 miles). Those EBCs are now toast. The (minor) savings is more than offset by the (nearly double) mileage I get from OEM pads.
Installing those OEM pads now. Pics to follow cause I'm doing new caliper seals, too.

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
OEM is best, more evidence to that belief. I put EBC pads on ReSTored this spring at my sister's in Indiana in April. Completed the rest of my trip (~12,000 miles). Those EBCs are now toast. The (minor) savings is more than offset buy the (nearly double) mileage I get from OEM pads.
Installing those OEM pads now. Pics to follow cause I'm doing new caliper seals, too.
+1 I used EBCs on something... wing or ST can't remember and they made a lot of noise and didn't seem to work as well.. went back to oems after a few thou and you could tell the difference.

Bike
'93 ST1100
How about DP?
I just ordered a set for the rear, DP118, which is supposed to be better than OEM.

Last edited:
OP
OP
George
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Who is DP, I don't know'em.

STicking with OEM (EBCs were the only readily avialble front pads. Bad that it was at a Honda dealer. BTW, bought a set of OEM _rear_ pads at an indy dealer in Jasper, Indiana a couple weeks later. The local Honda dealer had _nothing!_ :eek:

Bike
ST 1300A
STOC #
What is the price of a complete set (3 sets) OEM pads in USA?

Any good place to order?

I heard prices are better in USA (also for gas...)

Top Bottom