Oil leak on right side of rotor: help!?

OP
OP
Savago
Bike
ST1300@2009
@all: thanks for all the info and suggestions.

I've ordered the parts and when I have then in hands, I will search for a shop to perform the job.

Any idea how many hours they would generally charge for this service? Or like a ballpark number for what would be reasonable to pay for such job?

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
This job really isn't difficult and there is a good tutorial on here explaining the process. If you have the time, you should consider doing it yourself.
If you jack up the bike and remove both shocks, then bring them in for a seal replacement, the price will be much lower.
I would guess 2 to 4 hours if you drop the bike off at their shop rate. Then you should hope they follow the strict front wheel re-assemblly procedure, etc.
Good luck...

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
$350-$400 would be in the ball park if a shop does it. "Easy" is subjective of course but there are plenty of resources here and online showing how to replace fork seals.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
@all: thanks for all the info and suggestions.

I've ordered the parts and when I have then in hands, I will search for a shop to perform the job.

Any idea how many hours they would generally charge for this service? Or like a ballpark number for what would be reasonable to pay for such job?
This is the only shop in your area that I would trust to do the job correctly, and honestly.
They also are the only shop in your area that I would trust to mount & balance tires without damaging the rims etc.
If they are still working there, the two techs working there retired from Honda dealerships after 30+ years, and are still old school honest.
However, with that said, its been a few years since I've been in the shop, so I don't know if the original owner is still there or not (British guy).
ServicePrice
Replace fork seals/oil (on bike)From $275 + parts
Replace fork seals/oil (loose forks)From $175 + parts

OP
OP
Savago
Bike
ST1300@2009
Update: I got the parts and have scheduled to have the job done at Evolution motorcycles later this week.

OP
OP
Savago
Bike
ST1300@2009
Final update: I got all the parts needed and the good folks at Evolution motorcycles worked on my ST1300. I guess it should be good for the next +20K miles.
:)

They charged me 350 bucks for the job.
parts01.jpegparts02.jpegevo.jpeg

Top Bottom