Oil leak...

OP
OP
uptoblackwood
Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
To close the case...I hope!
Got the bike back from Al Lamb's Honda...it took the shop 1 1/2 days to do the job. I rode the bike quite a few miles yesterday...to be sure leak wasn't going to be a problem. All seems well. I double cleaned up the case before I buttoned up the bike. I'm going to put some miles on the bike this weekend so we'll soon see.

Forest

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
Forest -

I had the same problem, and when I thought it was the water pump, I seem to recall the manual indicating that it would be fairly straight forward to pull the pump assembly, but you'd need specialized tools to replace the seal. If you had felt like saving some $$, that could've been an option.

In my case, it turned out to be a worn seal on the oil pan... also a simple fix, but very time consuming.

Glad, though, that you seem to be back in business. :burnout

OP
OP
uptoblackwood
Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
A brief update on this oil leak repair. (months and many miles later) All is well. Bike is clean w/no leak returning. Al Lamb's (Dallas Honda) shop did a good job.

Forest

Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
I have the same problem that engine oil (for sure.... NOT ANTIFREEZE) coming from the peephole....
What needs to be done, I don't have the warranty so I am going to do it myself. What parts need to be changed?

Top Bottom