OK I finally did it.

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
I dropped my baby.
Unbelivable, we were at McDonalds in Fort William Scotland whilst on our NotaSToc run.
Peter was puling out of the car park into what I thought was a one way system due to the road markings the wrong way, I thought Peter had made a bad mistake. No, but because I was concentrating on him and trying to atract his attention with the horn, it was me that made the mistake. I had slowed to nearly a stop with the bars turned tight left. Then I got that ohh no feeling, the weight had got me. My ST was packed for camping top box full tank bag full panniers full. I put a foot down and held it, I knew it was too much I had to lay my pride and joy down. I stepped off.
These bike are just amazing, It lay there with nothing but the tip over cover touching the floor. I just grabbed the bars and lifting handle and heaved and up it went. The place was busy but no one said anything...I think they could tell from my face I wasn't in the mood for smart comments.
The damage is incidental a small rub and crack on the tip over cover and thats it.
I love my ST.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Glad to hear it was minor (well except for that little tip over savior wing)!

Mark

Bike
1990 ST1100L
STOC #
Paul,
Sorry to hear of you tip-over:(, don't you just love those wings?(tip-over,that is):D
Just look on the marks as Scottish battle scars:D:D

Bill

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
Paul, just think of it as your induction into the BritSToc Drop Zone with me and Mr Heuzinga! :)

Pizzmeister

Born-Again Newbie
Bike
Honda ST1100
STOC #
Bound to happen sooner or later... Glad you weren't in-between the bike and the ground.

Also happy to hear you were able to get it back up by yourself. That's something I need to work on.

Byron

STOC #
I wonder if Honda has any idea of the number of greatful owners there are because they built the bike with the tip-over wings? :D

Bike
Goldwing
I wonder if Honda has any idea of the number of greatful owners there are because they built the bike with the tip-over wings? :D
Perhaps they dropped some in the production/teSTing phase and knew it would be a good idea, haha. Hey boss, guess what juST happened.....again?

Top Bottom