OK KS MO IL AR Dash

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I'm making a quick run starting next week, exact dates slightly in the air. Probably starting the 26th.

Here are my waypoints:
1) Tulsa, OK area to Coldwater, KS.
2) Coldwater to Topeka.
3) Topeka to St. Louis.
4) St. Louis to Champaign, IL
5)Champaign to Fayetteville, AR (maybe two legs, I'm not young like I used to be)
Fayetteville back to Tulsa.

Looking for fun routes and riding buddies.

DaveWooster

'95 ST1100ALS and '98 Standard ST1100W
Bike
1995 ST1100A
STOC #
1) There is a "scenic route" called Gypsum Hills; I think it is near Coldwater. Expect hills but few curving roads there.

2) There is a rider meeting place at Cassoday, KS, near our Turnpike. It is the starting point for a "scenic route" through the Flint Hills and Council Grove, KS. Expect a bit more curviness but no real twisting roads. If you then go through or near Alma ,KS, you will come into Topeka either from the west on I-70, or from the SW through Eskridge, KS on the two lane.

In Topeka, there is only the Evil Knievel museum, housed in the H-D dealer's. (Never seen it.)

3) Slightly east of Kansas City there is a notable Beemer dealership called Engle Motors. (There might be a less notable one in Wichita, KS.)

---------------------------

What are your plans for overnight stays? (For example, camping?)

Last edited:

st1300doug

If you take Hwy.50 out of KC, I could meet up w/you in Jefferson City (halfway point to STL) and lead you eastward on Hwy.94 to STL. Awesome road. FYI

CruSTy

My Perception is my reality.
Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
2024 Miles
STOC #
Small motorcycle museum in Marquette, KS. State highway 4 into Topeka and once you are in Topeka the Evel Knivel museum is worth the time. Old 40hwy from Topeka to Lawrence is a great road. You will not find mountain twisties in KS.

STOC #
Avoid downtown Pratt, KS. Brick streets are over a hundred years old and give a Very rough ride. Medicine Lodge south of there is a better tourist stop at the Carrie Nation home and the STockade. The museum is one of the best I've visited with some very unique items, one freaking huge megafauna vertebral segment comes to mind. Enjoy your ride.

DaveWooster

'95 ST1100ALS and '98 Standard ST1100W
Bike
1995 ST1100A
STOC #
Small motorcycle museum in Marquette, KS. State highway 4 into Topeka and once you are in Topeka the Evel Knivel museum is worth the time. Old 40hwy from Topeka to Lawrence is a great road. You will not find mountain twisties in KS.
Marquette, KS might be too far out of the way if you take 177 north from Cassoday, KS.

I don't have a map handy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OkieRider
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I could make you a very fun route into Arkansas. You should make that a two day ride. So many good roads getting there.
Let's see it: it's a lot of miles and I'm not in a hurry to spend them at night just making time. Effingham, IL is a good starting point. I love riding in AR.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I’ve been busy working on my house. I’m going to take my Arkansas, Missouri And Oklahoma maps to work with me. I go back Thursday night working 11 12 hour nights straight. If you haven’t rode much in Missouri, you are missing out on some great riding!

STOC #
I’ve been busy working on my house. I’m going to take my Arkansas, Missouri And Oklahoma maps to work with me. I go back Thursday night working 11 12 hour nights straight. If you haven’t rode much in Missouri, you are missing out on some great riding!
14 out of Yellville AR to 125 north through Peel, across the Peel ferry and up into Reuter and then Bradleyville MO is a truly great route that needs to be experienced. Reuter to Bradleyville is 16 miles of nirvana; the Ozark's version of the dragon. From Bradleyville you can take 125 to near the Springfield area or take 76 to Forsyth and eventually Branson; not as breathtaking but still plenty of curvy fun.

st1300doug

Dude....weather doesn't look too swift up here. H2O from Thurs thru Sunday. I will NOT be riding if the rain cometh. 110 miles X 2....nah......I'll be passing. We'll see!? DG

Top Bottom