OMG .... Bad day ...

I came home this afternoon and I went to go for a ride. And low and behold, my ST was on its side. :eek: I had my kick stand down, and the bike was over on the other side. I think someone was on her, :confused: and I think it was to much for them. (I don't know who it was) Now I have a nice little dent on my right side of my gas tank. I was so upset, when I pick it up. I almost put it on the other side. ( I was so upset I could have pick it up one handed) ...... Ok now dose this count as a TIP OVER on my acount?

mstgsaly269

R.I.P.
Rest In Peace
Bike
2006 Silverwing
Wow that sucks, was the bike at your house or what? I don't think it counts because you actually didn't tip it over. Got any angry neighbors, or maybe some local kids thinkin they would have some fun, whoever it was should know better.

Either someone toppled it over or the bike was tipped over by a cager?? Either way, it sucks!! If you know any of service center that can fix vehicle dents via vacuum technology, it'll probably be the best & quickest way to get it back to form & get you settled back with the emotions.... Good luck!!

OP
OP
I think it was some kids playing around here. It was under my carport. I am going to check with a guy I know that dose dent repairs tomorrow. I hope he can fix it. 5 hours later and I still feel sick .... gggrrrrrr

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
So somebody probably saddled it and it was too heavy and it went to the right? the wheel lock was set too? Man that got me all pissed off too!

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
I think it was some kids playing around here. It was under my carport. I am going to check with a guy I know that dose dent repairs tomorrow. I hope he can fix it. 5 hours later and I still feel sick .... gggrrrrrr
I'm sick to my stomach too, and it's not my bike. Hope it can be repaired to your satisfaction.

Maybe put the ST on the center stand to prevent this from happening again? Of course, this better not happen again in any case!

I have several children and the older boys are all excited about my old CM450. So to be on the safe side, I put the bike up on the center stand when I park it. Of course, the bike's a feather-weight compared to the ST, but it's a little assurance they don't get too carried away.

MGDaversa

but you can call me Michael
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Look for a kid walking around with a limp. If you find him, give him the 3rd degree, but refrain from giving him another limp. Or from making him go limp. Or from giving him a lump. Oh heck, you get the idea. I'm sorry about your bike, though.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Man that sucks. Hopefully self correcting though. The kid that dumped it limped home to change his shorts. He won't try it again:mad:.

Bike
sold dec 31 14
STOC #
Dang I just remembered I did that to a Harley 40 some years ago. I can't remember if I ran or fessed up. Probably the former at least until my Grandmother would ask, in which case I probably fessed up with a warm butt.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Man that sucks! Sorry to hear it..Iwould be ticked off too!

If it's only in a car port, maybe you should cover it. Less temptation that way. :eek:

That's one reason (amongst many others) I always cover my bike when I'm at a motel, keeps stupid dads from putting the gruby little rug rats on top of my bike because they think it's cute! :mad:

Bike
04 ST1300
No kidding bad day!! I had a similar event with my CBR1100XX. Went to an air show and when a restored B25 taxied and turned it blew my bike over.
I searched for a good Honda retailer (price & service) for new replacement parts. I have used westernhonda.com in Scottsdale, Az several timeswith good results. Check their prices, maybe that will help. As for the dented tank, if the paint is ok maybe one of those automotive paintless dent repair outfits like Dent Pro can massage it out. Hope this helps. Ray

OP
OP
Well I was lucky today. The guy I spoke to about my dent in my tank said that he could take care of it. It took him about 20 min's, :bow1: and if I didn't know where it was, I wouldn't see it. It only cost me $69.00. I usaully park my bike in my garage out back. But I have been riding it so much lately. I just park it on my carport. And you know what I havn't seen seen my two little buddies eighter. They are about 13 to 14 years old. I have past the word around, the next dent will be on someone's BUTT. I don't even have 4000 miles on her eighter. Stan I like that cover too, thank you. I think I am going to order one of those. That one looks cool. I guess my "Jeson mobile" and myself are going to live now :) :) :)

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Bnason, please update yur drop count! <ducking> :D

Good opportunity to add a new Tupperware technique I'm trying. As most of ya know, I pretty much busted the lower cowl on STick during WeSTOC this year. Replaced the left side with her original part as the replacement (from Gunnar's Silver One is now in many pieces, some missing. The right side, though, was in three large pieces, all in hand. I cut some strips from a piece of sheet metal and pop-riveted the pieces back in to one before adding some JBWeld (JBWeld is yur friend), topped by Bondo and paint.

Also replaced the left mirror and turn signal.

Also added some sheet metal behind a couple busted tabs between the center fairings (both sides) and the lower cowl.

She's back on the road, a little more care worn but ready for another 20 or 30 K.

Oh, oh, oh!! Gotta add one. Many years ago (like 1972) I used to park my CB-500-4 on the porch of the rental house. Would run it up a ramp at the end of day and park'er longitudinally at the front edge, close to the hedge, on the center stand. Now, ya gotta know, Derek used to get frequent rides tho he was only 3 at the time. I must'a been home cause the bike was there. Anyhoo, he came out and climbed up on the bike. Don't know _how_ :)eek:) but he dumped it over into the hedge.

Long story short, the bushes must'a cushioned the whole event, neither he nor the bike were damaged.

BAD, Daddy, BAD!!!!

I was more scared of Diana's reaction than any damage to the bike.

Ive lost count of the number of TOTs this bike has endured. 12 is a low estimate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aaawww Mr. George you don't have to duck. :) Its a downer and thats it. :eek:: I did add a 1 st drop. :eek: :eek:: I did almost drop my " Jeson " a week ago. I was backing it out of the carport and thier was a chair in my way. I push it out of my way with my foot. But I didn't push it far enough, so I stuck my left foot out to move it again. Then it almost happen. :bow1: It was almost over. I was lucky and I keep it up that time. So with the almost and the coming home, and I found the " Jeson " on its side. :eek: Well lets just say I added a " 1 " :bow1: :06biker: :06biker: :06biker:

Finewest

R.I.P. - 2018/09/11
Rest In Peace
Bike
ST-less
STOC #
After checking the TOA rules book it clearly states that the tip over has to be done by the rider... But what's a scuffed up tip over wing between friends! Here's your TOA!

Top Bottom