One of our Aust Rides Davo is Gone

Diesel Dave

HOPS!
Bike
04 Candy ST1300
Well, it's coming up a year (Sept 4th) since we lost Davo - and here is another reason why he is sorely missed around the world.

This is one of his entries on his own website helping out 100s of riders and bringing us all a little closer together.

Check out these stats and have a think about the enormity of this achievement. I google mapped these locations and it is truly staggering what an accomplishment this is. The first link (below) is a great read of the trip. Remember that Oz is roughly the size of continental USA......

My 6 day Transcon ride was an avg of 1700klms a day so came out at over a 1000m daily avg for 6 days straight which is why I worked it that way. http://www.davojones.com/transcon.htm

Total distance - 10,274 klms ( GPS ) 10,367 klms ( odo )
Total Time - 5 days 21 hrs 17mins
Overall Avg = 72.4
Moving Avg = 108
Time moving = 94.46hrs
Timed stopped = 46.31hrs

24th Aug 2007: Byron Bay - Port Augusta SA - 1946 klms - 21hrs 08mins
25th Aug 2007: Port Augusta SA - Coolgardie WA - 1844 klms - 18hrs12mins
26th Aug 2007: Coolgardie WA - Denham WA - 1352 klms - 14hrs 40mins
27th Aug 2007: Denham WA - Norseman WA - 1505 klms - 15hrs 45mins
28th Aug 2007: Norseman WA - Port Augusta SA - 1685 klms - 16hrs 35mins
29th Aug 2007: Port Augusta SA - Byron Bay - 1948 klms - 20hrs 42mins

David "Davo" Jones :: We Are Smarter Than Me
IBA #22575 - Riding the IBR 2009 on my 1400GTR
my site - http://www.davojones.com - GTR-AUS- http://www.gtr-aus.com

I use iron butter on my sammo's

Ride on Davo :bow1::bow1:

Kudos to the folks running the website now too. Thanks for keeping up the great work.

Regards, Dave

-

Bike
ST1100
Well its been a year since "Davo" left us. I first met him around 9 years ago when I had a house we had just out of Cooroy in Queensland where we lived and he was the local real estate dude.
He never had a bike then but listened to a few stories from myself and lady about rides here and their.
A year and 2 days ago just got back from a trip to Cairns and my last stint was around 1400 kays, about 850 miles straight up. When I got home I said to my lady Davo would still have a couple of hundred to go, as at the time he was in America doing the Iron But thing. Two days later and he was gone.
Never had my pillion pegs up since, just because eh.

Bike
ST1100
Today its been a year. Was out of bed early to head off to Cooroy but all the rain decided to come down, like an inch an hour so Davo my thoughts are their mate :dr11:

Diesel Dave

HOPS!
Bike
04 Candy ST1300
Same here kooler. There was a short ride starting from Ettamogah Pub through some of the hinterland roads, and lunch at noosaville hotel. I too didn't go coz of the rain.

Davo was truly a LEGEND!!!!

Thoughts and well wishes go to his fam who are having their first father's day without him.

A great and sad loss for many motorcycling communities both here and OS.

-
-

Bike
ST1100
Yeah I was going to go from Miami here on the Gold Coast up through Cooroy to the Mt Timbeerwah lookout which he liked heaps, back to Cooroy where he lived, then Kenilworth to Maleny and then home. That Cooroy to kennilworth then Malaney back to Cooroy was a short ride he liked a lot. Been a bloody year already.

Bike
2004 GL1800
I met Davo at the beginning of the 09 IBR...great to spend about 10 minutes with him. I did my 1st Bunburner Gold recently but it was just a few days ahead of the Anniverrsary date. When I do the in-state Saddlesore for Idaho I plan on stopping by and saying a few words and tip my head and say a prayer. Godspeed Davo...always thinking about you on all my rides..

Top Bottom