Suits One piece suit user seeking advice

Bike
BMW R1200RT
Motorcycle Closeouts has the Olympia Phantom one piece suit for $300 and I simply could not resist. So now that I have my first one piece suit how do I shorten the learning curve? My riding style consists mostly of day rides with a small group riding 250 - 400 miles with a few gas/break stops, lunch stop and possibly a social stop at the end of the day if it is not too late. I plan to wear the suit in temps up to 75 or so when the mesh gear is not needed.
I have seen people manage their gear effortlessly and those who looked awkward. I would appreciate any advice from veterans that would help me manage the gear effortlessly, look cool, suave and debonair or at least not look silly.
Ron

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I have a Roadcrafter so I do know how yours works.. But you will need to practice.. I just learned as I rode but after 70,000 miles, its pretty easy now..

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Practice, practice, practice.

I have a Roadcrafter and a Phantom and looked (more) ridiculous (than usual) putting them on for awhile.

--Mark

Bike
2006 ST1300
I love my 'stich but a one piece isn't always convenient. For very long all day rides I usually wear my LD Comfort shorts & a t-shirt under it. In cooler weather I put long johns over the shorts.

For shorter day rides I try to wear street clothes under it so I can remove the suit during meal or other stops.

Putting it on takes seconds now. It comes with practice.

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Bike
BMW R1200RT
The suit arrived via the friendly brown truck this morning. The fit seems perfect. I practiced putting it on/off with the liner, with minimal undergarments, street clothes, gerbing, with and without boots and multiple other combinations. I think I have the in/out down as long as I do not trip while doing the bunny hop getting in.
I appreciate the street clothes advice as I would always want the option to remove the suit.
I am curious about how much to wear under the suit at various temperatures including how it works as the temps rise during the day. For example this weekend there is a ride with temps expected from 39 to 50 degrees. What do you wear at various temps?

punk rocka

this space for rent
Bike
'06 ST1300
The Phantom doesn't vent much so unless it's really cool, you can wear shorts and t-shirts under it and be pretty comfortable. Obviously, you need to consider how comfortable your clothes will be when you get off the bike, but you can always layer up if needed. I rarely used the thermal liner, but I didn't ride much in cold weather anyway. A few years back I rode up to Yellowstone in June and ended up in temps that ranged from mid 30's up to over 100. I never wore more than jeans and long sleeve shirts and did most of the ride in shorts and short sleeve shirts. Colder temps it handles fine, warmer temps can get downright brutal though.

Last edited:
Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
I had a stitch and it only took a few days to figure out the process, once I gave up on looking cool.
As far as temp Managment, only you know what you can handle, when. Layering is the best way to manage the temperature swings we encounter. I was going to try the Olympia suit, I sold my stitch, until I realized the thermal part is a suit in a suit. Reducing the options I had with the layers I already have in the closet.
I am going to get a 2 piece stitch, increasing my options even more.
LD shirts and pants are a good cool to cold base, but, for me, too much for hot temps. And they are very durable. I use mine almost everyday and they are not showing any signs of needing to be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom