One plug still fouling

Bike
92 ST1100
Re: Plug fouling - how to replace boot and not destry wire

Never had a need to take one apart on these bikes, but would think they unscrew from wire with the short threaded piece screwing into center of wire like on older scoots with NGK boots on them. Does the new boot have a tiny brass pin threaded piece up in the tower? Sure someone will chime in that's had these apart before. Definitely not a usual issue with these boots, that I've seen on here anyway.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #

Continued from first "plug still fouling thread". I purchased a new boot for the wire to the #3 cylinder. The thing is - these are the original wires or at least they look it. It appears on my bike that the wire and boot are all one. Can I separate them without destroying the wire? Do they just separate with pulling? Thank You - RD
They unscrew from the plug wires. They also have small resistors built in. Not sure of the resistance, probably about 10K or 20K. Measure several to compare. I had a Kawasaki that had several plug connectors with much higher than normal resistance. The small resistors are removable ( unscrew the brass connector where the sparkplug plugs-in - it has a screw driver slot). remove the tiny resistors, clean the ends with 400 wet or dry and re-assemble. Might as well replace the wires if they look aged. I used yellow silicone solid wire sold by the foot at most auto stores.

Bike
92 ST1100

Well, that's good to know for future reference. Thats the same as on my ole 81 XS11 Venturer, just different looking.:yes:

Top Bottom