ONSTOC 2021

diferg

Dan & Ingrid
Bike
2006 ST 1300
Great video Robert! I really enjoyed watching it. thanks for sharing.:)

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I can't believe you called the FJR guy a traitor, then had the nerve to let that old guy on a Kawasaki lead you around for a couple of days, with a MotoGuzzi and Tracer and..... that is all, lol.

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I can't believe you called the FJR guy a traitor,
Crazy eh? Last night as I was editing the video I receive a text from the aforementioned traitor, that he had gone to the "Dark Side" and revealed the new to him FJR so I just went with it. ;)
Now that old guy with the Kawasaki, I'm also indebted to, for he was kind enough to bleed the clutch on my bike. Kudos to him. (Thanks Ray!)
I will say it was a treat to ride with you, learned a lot. Now about next year...may I ride with you guys again? ( the nerve this guy has...meaning me. ) ;)

Bike
2003 ST1300
Excellent video!
Would you share your equipment and how you were able to get the camera to move around while you were driving to get those shots?
I don't know much about that and the vid looks really good.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Excellent video!
Would you share your equipment and how you were able to get the camera to move around while you were driving to get those shots?

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Excellent video!
Mellow just posted a link to a video that I posted earlier. Just a bit of a recap. The camera is a Insta360 one x 2. So I am using 360 degree technology. Basically you choose a place either on your person or on your bike to mount the camera. Press the record button and leave the camera alone And just keep it running. ( there are other subtleties but I can go into that later)
The magic comes when you edit the footage. Insta360 has an excellent app for a phone or tablet. You connect the tablet to the phone via an internal wifi from the camera. You can then select the file and view it. Once you have it on the screen you can scroll on the touch screen the point of view that you wish to see. I suggest you look at some how to videos on YouTube of the Insta360 camera.
For the sound I have a wireless microphone inside my helmet up against the cheek pad. I have the receiver connected via a mic adapter to the camera.
currently I have a 65% success rate. Meaning my batteries are charged on both my camera and microphone, and the right switches on ;)
I’m getting better at it

OhioDeere

Been There, Done That, Got the Shirt.
Bike
06 ST1300
Very nice Robert... Looked like a good time had by all. Thanks for putting in all the hard work to make this video.

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Robert, great video. What program are you using to edit your videos?
thank you Phil, I’m using iMovie on an iPad, for the final edit. It does the job, it’s what I can deal with in simplicity, however, it has glitches that can try one’s patience.
I use the Insta 360 app on my iPad to edit the 360 files first. Once they are in the state I like, I save the file to my photo album. Then in iMovie I retrieve the file and stitch them together, add background music, do a voice over in sections that I need to. I will also add titles.
There are programs for the computer to edit the 360 files. For me it would require a much newer computer with a lot of processing power to edit the large files that the 360 camera generates.

Top Bottom