Ordered a phone mount

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Those who bought the quad lock, what kind of mount did you use and how did you attach it? I bought one with the stem mount but it's proving to be a pain so I'm wondering if there is another alternative. I looked at the handlebar mount but not sure how it will fit around the bars where there is space.
This ball mount should allow you to use any number Ram Mounts to hold it. I used a handle bar mount on my Super Tenere, but it has tubular handlebars unlike the ST1300. For an ST1100 you might have to trim the cover to gain access to the bar, so I think the Ram mount one is the most versatile choice. Consider also their damper mount adapter. There have been a few stories of phone cameras damaged when rigid mounted to the bike.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I too had a phone come out of a X-Mount on rough roads. My fault as I hadn't placed the rubber loops around the corner.
To prevent a repeat, I ordered the Clifftop mount. So far it has worked great. Very secure.

I wanted to try the Quadloc system but my phone has a "rubberized" case so the 3M adhesive would not hold.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
No way would I rely on a suction cup on a motorcycle. Use a tether if you do.
I can't even get a suction cup to stay inside my car windshield - GPS, phone, radar detector, whatever.
Will always come crashing down on the dashboard eventually (sooner, not later), and then bounce down under my feet.
Happens every time. But I guess there's something to be said for consistency...

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I actually used the Quad Lock case for my phone. I wanted to use the wireless charger head and the case I had was too thick and had metal bits in the design. Putting the stick-on adapter on the outside of some cases, positions the phone too far away from the charging coil as well, according to some reports I saw on ADVRider. That caused charging to be intermittent at best. In addition I was reluctant to depend on the sticky tape (especially in hot weather) to hold my phone as securely as the Quad Lock case does.

Top Bottom