Out of Africa...

Ahhhhh, the Alps!!! Motorcycling nirvana!
Totally agree.. I just crossed Alps twice couple of years ago and I redret that didn't plan more interesting routs and POIs there.. Wanna go back)!!!

Anywhere near Munich by any chance?
Not at the moment - I am drifting eastward, towards Vienna, then I plan to head north to Poland. But in a few weeks, I will return to CH, likely via Munich. I'll send you a PM well ahead of time, perhaps we can get together!

Michael

Not at the moment - I am drifting eastward, towards Vienna, then I plan to head north to Poland. But in a few weeks, I will return to CH, likely via Munich. I'll send you a PM well ahead of time, perhaps we can get together!

Michael
I would like that very much, Superdirk is in the area too. Now that would be and adventure.

I rode through the Grossglockner High Alpine Road today. It is one of the most beautiful passes in the Alps, if not THE most beautiful. It's also the only pass I know of where there is a toll (about USD$ 30) to ride through it.

There were lots of signs warning drivers to watch out for marmots. I guess a marmot is the Austrian equivalent of an opossum - an animal that has not yet learned to stay off the road.

Going down the other side, I came across a tractor - of all things - pulling a house trailer. The traffic jam behind it extended all the way back to Yugoslavia.

Michael

Marmots
Marmots.jpg

What you don't want to get stuck behind
Tractor in Pass.jpg

I finally had a chance to take a close look at the motorcycle.
So did I... ;)
There is quite a bit of corrosion on the disc carrier on the front wheel, this due to the moto being parked less than 100 yards from the Mediterranean Sea for the last year and a half.
Looks like every single bolt, including those holding the fairings shows some corrosion...
Some cosmetic work to take every single bit off, clean it with a toothbrush and chrome polish, put it back in... a task for a nice winter day in the hangar maybe...

STay safe! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom