Over sized and odd ball attractions

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I put this one in my ride report from last weekend but thought I ought to link it here. This thread needs another giant ice cream cone. This one from Kennedy Meadows on the way toward Sherman Pass.

:06biker: :06biker: :06biker:

Attachments

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I posted one a couple months ago from NY. Ice Cream shop in the shape of a giant cone. Thought it 'specially appropriete as it's name is Twistee Treat (post #24 in this thread.)

I put this one in my ride report from last weekend but thought I ought to link it here. This thread needs another giant ice cream cone. This one from Kennedy Meadows on the way toward Sherman Pass.

:06biker: :06biker: :06biker:

Bike
ST 1300
Met this fellow on the ride home from YooperSTOC. It was getting too dark to get the bike in the picture. The name of the town should be obvious...

Larry Logroller.jpg
:crackup:crackup:crackup LMAO...With that dark photo, he looks like he's got a tire tool in his hands. He certainly appears to be someone you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. :crackup

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Pictures taken in Sparwood, British Columbia on my 2007 trip. This rig was used in the local coal mining operation, along with the huge "chain saw" for coal. The Titan burned 70 Imperial gallons per hour and the rear drive electric motors consumed enough power to electrify 3200 homes. It had an 800 gallon tank. As you can see, my ST was just a wee feller in comparison.

Attachments

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Here's an interesting oversized music box in Atomic City ID, across from the Atomic Motor Raceway...I'm thinking that they play that thing during the races there. Paaarrrrrty!
B1755a oversized ghetto blaster Atomic City ID.jpg

This one caught my eye... found in Arco ID. Conning tower for SSN-666 Hawkbill
B1763a oddball in Arco ID.jpg

And for some reason, I keep finding oversized chickens. This one is in Darby MT.
B1820a oddball in Darby ID.jpg

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
There are a series of frogs (frobbies) in the hills around the desert. Painted rocks (or formations) I have no idea if there is any organization to them or not. The circle that they cover is enormous. Different species and colors...

No, I don't have a picture, I have never stopped at a frog, just appreciate going by.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
This one is the current Northern California Tag, since no one grabbed the tag in front of the Carson Valley Inn.

On a State Hwy in the middle of CA,

Huh? CVI is in Nevada. <checking tags> Oh, I see what ya did. If Dace thought my last AZ move was illegal, she'd KILL ya for this one. :D

I think the "whale" is suppposed to be a giant Piranha. No idea where it is and I ain't headed back that way anytime soon. Good job, Paul.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
In Grants Pass OR, visible from the I-5 freeway:
B2224a Grants Pass SS statues - Grants Pass OR.jpg

It was hard to tell the purpose of these stainless steel figures... I couldn't decided whether the city may have put them there to 'show off' Grants Pass or whether possibly the fitness center (in the background) may have put them up.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Here's a fresh one from yesterday on the way home from 666. This is at the Kokopelli Mall in Camp Verde, AZ, "World's Largest Kokopelli." Wonder what the Anasazi would think of this?

DSCF5947.jpg

Top Bottom