Oxygen?

Hi guys. I just recently got diagnosed with a condition that requires me to breathe a low level of oxygen when I am walking or hiking. Right now 1L per hour is what is prescribed. Since I am used to walking, hiking and riding a motorcycle, a portable oxygen bottle doesn't seem to make sense and my health plan won't pay for a portable oxygen concentrator.

Should I spring for a portable concentrator? Are they workable at the level that I'm at and maybe up to 2L per hour? What are the good brands and models that are out there?

Thanks for your help. I really respect your knowledge and experience.

Harry

Bike
2014 ST1300
My father in law had copd and went everywhere with a portable bottle. He had case with a strap that he put over one shoulder. You could likely find a hydration pack backpack that could carry a bottle in the pack on your back and then run the tube to the cannulas when you ride. Would depend on the size/weight of the bottle likely.

Edit: course I just read that you only need it for walking or hiking (reading comprehension fail) but you could still use the pack for those......

OP
OP
bolter1100
My father in law had copd and went everywhere with a portable bottle. He had case with a strap that he put over one shoulder. You could likely find a hydration pack backpack that could carry a bottle in the pack on your back and then run the tube to the cannulas when you ride. Would depend on the size/weight of the bottle likely.

Edit: course I just read that you only need it for walking or hiking (reading comprehension fail) but you could still use the pack for those......
Thanks, Weasel. How long will one of those portable bottles last?

Top Bottom