2004 Honda ST1300A
BILL OF SALE ONLY / PARTS BIKE

2004 with ABS
$1850 OBO
42k Miles
2nd Owner
outside of Baton Rouge Louisiana
Bill of Sale Only

Any questions, just PM me! Tired of working on it and not riding it. Long story short, come and get it.

Can take more pics upon request.

Attachments

• IMG_6049.jpeg
    IMG_6049.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 115
What’s the deal with NO TITLE?

Long story short, an error on the part of the DMV 2 years ago that hasn't surfaced until now, which has put me in a perpetual legal purgatory that for some reason they are convinced that I should pay for. If it resolves itself before the bike sells, the price will reflect it. This one has just turned into a project nightmare for me that I've lost interest and motivation in. Want me to ship it to you?? haha

Last edited:
Couldn’t flip it without putting the title in your name, and they want you to pay back penalties?

Couldn’t flip it without putting the title in your name, and they want you to pay back penalties?

When I purchased it from PO in 2022, went through the proper channels, titled, registered, plated, all that good stuff. Fast forward to a month ago, I went to apply for lost title since I couldn't find my copy. Brought my current registration and all with me. They have no record whatsoever of me ever titling the bike. So now I feel like its a rerun of Mortal Combat or something, because apparently that is on me?

How would/could they issue you a current registration if they didn’t have your title information?
Sounds like you need to talk to someone further up the food chain.

How would/could they issue you a current registration if they didn’t have your title information?
Sounds like you need to talk to someone further up the food chain.

That's the whole point. I had a title in Feb of 2022 after getting it from the previous owner. Registered, plated, and all. I went last month to apply for a lost title since I couldn't find my copy. That's when all heck broke loose. It has made it up as far as the regional coordinator. It never ceases to amaze me how the LADMV can take what seems impossible, and make it possible.

Her conversation to me: "Well I don't know how you got this registration without a title."
Me: "Y'all gave me a title, I just lost it and need a new one."
Her: "There's no record of you ever titling or registering this bike. You have to pay back penalties."
Me: "That's not how this works. Y'all made this mistake. I'm not paying for it."
Her: "Then get an attorney."

Took a month of endless phonecalls just to get to that point. I'm over it, done, signed, sealed delivered. My ability to deal with this nonsense has been overcome by my ability to say, "Forget it."

I just picked up an 04. The LADMV really does suck. I avoid them and go to one of the local Notary/Tag shops. I never had an issue with them. I recently had a hold put on getting my license renewed. The were telling me i failed t provide insurance on a bike that i sold over 3 years ago and had a $255 fine. Talking to the LADMV was like talking to the wall. I went to the local Notary/Tag shop and was taken off my record in about 15 minutes. No fine, If you have a copy of the bill of sale, it will help.

I just picked up an 04. The LADMV really does suck. I avoid them and go to one of the local Notary/Tag shops. I never had an issue with them. I recently had a hold put on getting my license renewed. The were telling me i failed t provide insurance on a bike that i sold over 3 years ago and had a $255 fine. Talking to the LADMV was like talking to the wall. I went to the local Notary/Tag shop and was taken off my record in about 15 minutes. No fine, If you have a copy of the bill of sale, it will help.

It baffles me. At the end of our conference, I said, "Y'all have one job!"
I have a local guy I use in Denham Springs but he was out of town when this took place. I'm over it.

It baffles me. At the end of our conference, I said, "Y'all have one job!"
I have a local guy I use in Denham Springs but he was out of town when this took place. I'm over it.
It's a shame, Your bike looks like it's in as good of shape as mine if not better. I would try one of the shops. If you have any shred of evidence that you bought the bike, I'm sure they could take care of it. They're in the business of making money so they will put the effort into getting it right. It would be worth a shot. Even if you still want to sell the bike, it will be worth more with the title.

Last edited:
If you aren’t able to get the title I would gladly pay you for the top box. I’m north of Houston so a 4 hour road trip wouldn’t be too bad.

So based on your YouTube video you're showing that the only real problem is you need a throttle body sync, the wrap cut off, and someone to break the bike down for parts. Sorry but without a title you can't transfer the bike or send it out of state without condemning it as salvage. All 50 states require titles on 1985 and newer.
The best price I can offer is $150.

After an accident, and most insurance companies declare the bike a total loss, they offer to sell it back to the owner for about 10% of the market value.
If they don’t go for that, the sell it to a local motorcycle shop for $150 dollars for scrap.
At least that’s what they did in California.

Have you tried a different DMV?

I went through the same kinda thing with a car I inherited. The 3rd time was the charm! The DMV employee's comment was that it took a couple extra forms and a little time doing a search. She got paid by the hour so it didn't matter if it was for me or someone else. This was about 15 miles from home in a higher social/economic level area than I live in. The other half came up with the comment, we were too close to home.

I honestly believe the other DMV employees just didn't want to be bothered or didn't know how to do their job.

The buyer can just get a bonded title. It isn't that big of a deal. Tax office tells you what it is worth, you walk over to the bond insurance guy and get it notarized and pay your fee, last time I did it I think it was 5% of the tax value, walk back to the window and they hand you a bonded title. 3 years later it rolls off the title and you again have a clean, clear title.

Perhaps a stupid question…in Louisiana do you pay yearly property taxes on the bike for a license plate sticker to show it’s properly registered? If so, and your tax payments are current, and DMV has been issuing the sticker, that proves the bike’s title exists. I could be wrong in this regard depending on the state, but its worth a check.

So based on your YouTube video you're showing that the only real problem is you need a throttle body sync, the wrap cut off, and someone to break the bike down for parts. Sorry but without a title you can't transfer the bike or send it out of state without condemning it as salvage. All 50 states require titles on 1985 and newer.
The best price I can offer is $150.

That's not my youtube video? Not sure what you're referring to.

Perhaps a stupid question…in Louisiana do you pay yearly property taxes on the bike for a license plate sticker to show it’s properly registered? If so, and your tax payments are current, and DMV has been issuing the sticker, that proves the bike’s title exists. I could be wrong in this regard depending on the state, but its worth a check.

That was my burden of proof. They're convinced I "fabricated" the registration, even with my receipt of paying the registration fee... Down here in Lousiana, the government folks work really hard at not doing their job.

The buyer can just get a bonded title. It isn't that big of a deal. Tax office tells you what it is worth, you walk over to the bond insurance guy and get it notarized and pay your fee, last time I did it I think it was 5% of the tax value, walk back to the window and they hand you a bonded title. 3 years later it rolls off the title and you again have a clean, clear title.

That's where I'm at on it.

Top Bottom