Parts for Audiovox CCS-100/ Rostra kit part number

Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
I have been without cruise control for two summers now and finally decided to pull my CCS-100 apart and see whats wrong with it. Well after doing all the electrical checks and everything checking out I could still not see why it would not engage. I pulled the servo apart and started to check the coils that control the vacuum and that was it, the middle coil was stuck fast and the other two coils flutter when charged. After unsticking the middle one I could get it to engage but would not stay engaged because of the flutter of the other two. Now I am looking into replacing the coils because I think that would be my easiest fix. Does any body know where I can get parts for this thing or does anybody have one they tore off because of problems that they might want to get rid off. I know what you guys are thinking why don't you just replace it with a Rostra, well the answer is if I can find parts this would be an easy fix other than tearing it out and starting from scratch with a Rostra. Anyway does anyone know of a source for the CCS-100 complete units and what Rostra kit part number would I need for a install on a ST 1300. Thanks in advance for all the help.
Rick

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Can you post a picture of the coils, and do the coils have any part numbers on then. I have had good luck finding electrical components here. http://www.digikey.com

John

OP
OP
Fster
Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
Thanks for the help guys. I just ordered a replacement servo from the murphskit link above. I figure if by chance I do find the coils the cost will be about the same as a unit. I will post a picture when I get a chance, it may help some one else diagnose their problem.

OP
OP
Fster
Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
OK a little history. My cruise has not been working for two years now. When it first went it would work some time and sometimes it wouldn't. When it first stopped altogether I tore it all apart and did all the recommend checks and it all checked out OK but would not engage so back together and off for a ride. The next year when the bike was apart for service I revisited the problem but ended with the same results. This year when I had the bike apart I was determined to fix or replace this unit so back to the checks and as before everything checked out but the unit would not engage. I took the servo apart down to the coils and at the work bench I supplied the main coil with 12v and nothing so I stuck a pic in there and moved it and again hit it with 12v and it moved but intermittent so I now ordered a servo from link. I am quite sur this will solve my problem and I hope this post and pictures helps someone else. Thanks guys for your help and timely responses.
Rick

View attachment 162140
OK this is a pic of the coils how they sit inside the servo. As you can see there is the stem where your vacuum line hooks up.
View attachment 162145
These are the coils seperated from their rack.
View attachment 162144
If you supply 12volts to those two pins the piston inside should open and then close when disconected

View attachment 162143
A shot lookin inside at the piston

View attachment 162142
When I pulled this apart the main vacuum supply in the middle was stuck, I broke it free but it will only work intermittent

View attachment 162141

Total newb here - Does anyone have these pictures? Apparently I can't message Fster - maybe not until the Mods decide I'm not a robot. Or worse.

My servo has also gone sour and, of course, spares simply don't exist. :(

The cable moves too loosely in the cable assembly. Either the vacuum stuff has a leak. Or it's something worse.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
These two links should be of interest, RB ( scroll down in the 2nd link in particular):

HTH

John

Great thanks for the links!

This is my second installation. The first was a C-10 ("Barney purple"!). This one is in a '90 Vanagon Westfalia (pop-top camper).

The idea of a stuck slider matches the lose actuator cable symptom. When I pulled the servo and removed the vacuum line, I got a small "goosh", suggesting the servo was holding a vacuum. If the electronics are cooked, I doubt it would leave the cable slack. Soooooooo... "all" I have to do is open that darn thing.

I called AudioVox. Helpful folks, but they don't do repairs or have tech docs anymore. Bummer.

Again, great thanks for your help!

Top Bottom