Pictures of Audiovox Mounted Behind Headlight of ST1100?

Bike
'91 ST1100
STOC #
Does anyone have pictures where they mounted an Audiovox Cruise Control in their front fairing behind their headlight? I am in the process of mounting mine and would like to place it there to reduce heat on the unit.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Both my bikes have the vacuum unit in the tail, never a problem with heat. It's a pretty simple unit, small 'puter and a vacuum pump. Not much heat generated there. Still enuff room in the tail for the tool kit, too.

good idea in getting the servo away from the engine(imo) i haven't done it, but with careful lay out you should have no problems. things i would do, or be on the look out for.....in routing the control cable- have the minum amount of bends in it(some are unaviodable, of course-but keep 'em gentle)...i'd place a vacume resivor tank close to the servo and with a check valve installed...i would use the supplyed vacume tubing from the tank to the servo, but the run from vacume sorce to the tank i would up the size. i have installed a vacume res tank and just used a 1/2 liter water bottle(plastic, like used in nagalen stuff) to it i installed the fittings in the bottle's cap-sealed it when closing up the tank assmbly- i have keeped an eye on it and have never seen any signs that it wasn't up to the task.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Put the check valve as close to the engine as possible so the tubing becomes part of the vacuum reservoir. No need for a valve at the reserve tank, it's just added volume.

OP
OP
Terk91
Bike
'91 ST1100
STOC #
Well, I have my CCS-100 installed but when I reinstalled my carburetors the some of the bowl gaskets leaked (I opened them to check float settings and install new #40 pilot jets and raise the needles a flat washer thickness). I will be searching for some replacements on Tuesday when the shops open. :(

Yes, as you can see in the pictures my control pad is upside down but that is how you can get the set and resume button closest to your thumb (you just have to be able to read upside down) ;)

Attachments

OP
OP
Terk91
Bike
'91 ST1100
STOC #
Thanks John. A couple of other notes, I purchased my Audiovox from Murph's Kits and it came w/ the vacuum reservoir and these have a built-in check valve but I chose to install another that I had already purchased so in case one fails I have a backup inline. I will take a picture of my template I used to fab the control bracket and post it. It turned out pretty well and does not interfere w/ the choke lever at all.

Top Bottom