Pie Town New Mexico

Bike
Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
Four of us are planning a trip from Casa Grande AZ to Pie Town NM this Saturday. We are planning to stay in Springerville Saturday night and head back to the heater early Sunday morning. Has anyone been to any of the Pie joints in Pie Town? If so are they as good as what they say?

Bike
R1200rt
Do they have different pies? And, may i join you all?
lots of pies but these sound interesting "And of course, our signature Chile Pies: Chocolate Chess with Red Chile, New Mexico Apple with Green Chile and Pine Nuts, and Peach Green Chile! "

I live about two hours north near the small town of Ramah, NM. Don’t bother coming HERE for pie, we only have a “greasy spoon joint”.

But, I was in Pie Town during Covid abt January, 2021. The original’Pie-O-Neer” cafe had closed due to government mandates and went out of business. But, an employee had taken the baton and run with it next door. Can’t remember the name of the new place, but they had a variety of pies that were good to excellent, along with burgers, etc.

IIRC, they were open limited hours and days last year, and when the pie is gone they close.

Check out the details before you make the trip from Arizona to be certain!

Bike
20 Tracer GT
I don't know if a restaurant is even open or the hours of operation in Pie Town. I say go there and find out; if they're open it's good, if not then not so much. But, the return trip should be made down highway 191 toward Clifton. I spent a night 5 years ago in Hannagan Meadow at the hotel there. Absolutely a great time at the old place with the others staying there. Hwy 191 is worth the ride alone. Have fun, enjoy the heat.

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
If Pie Town isn't open the cafe in Daitl, NM is pretty good. Or at least when I overnighted there about a year ago. It's at the intersection where the gas station and motel is located. Can't miss it.

+1 on 191! Living in Casa Grande you probably have done it many times.

OP
OP
Stylo Steve
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
I live about two hours north near the small town of Ramah, NM. Don’t bother coming HERE for pie, we only have a “greasy spoon joint”.

But, I was in Pie Town during Covid abt January, 2021. The original’Pie-O-Neer” cafe had closed due to government mandates and went out of business. But, an employee had taken the baton and run with it next door. Can’t remember the name of the new place, but they had a variety of pies that were good to excellent, along with burgers, etc.

IIRC, they were open limited hours and days last year, and when the pie is gone they close.

Check out the details before you make the trip from Arizona to be certain!
Will do and thank you for the information!

OP
OP
Stylo Steve
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
If Pie Town isn't open the cafe in Daitl, NM is pretty good. Or at least when I overnighted there about a year ago. It's at the intersection where the gas station and motel is located. Can't miss it.

+1 on 191! Living in Casa Grande you probably have done it many times.
Oh Yeah, The only real reason we're doing the Pie Town Trip is to ride HWY 191 to Alpine and hook it east to Pie Town. The ride back will be just as nice as taking 60 back to Cas Grande. 60 is an beautiful ride as well.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
That'll be a great trip. We try to eat lunch at the mine overlook (buying lunch in Safford).

We stopped in Pie Town on our way Santa Fe a couple years ago.
Pie place on the North side, East side of 'town' was where we ended up.
Nice couple running the place and they had a large selection of pies.

Top Bottom